Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so 2 days ago was the first time i rode my 2019 scrambler an i have to say there were no problems, ran flawlessly. Well it got muddy so i decided to wash it. Well when i was done i went to load it on my trailer an it like didnt want to go, was acting really weird an i could smell some sort of burning? How is this even possible that i got the belt wet just from washing it?? Makes me so mad cuz this thing is brand new. Help guys an what can i do to fix this problem with out it happening again

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
Very possible if you used a pressure washer. First thing, pull the plug on the belt housing and make sure there isn’t water inside. Then pull the cover and check the seal or take it back to the dealership for warranty. Should not leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8,879 Posts
Yeah, runs fine in the water and mud until you spray water into the clutch duct and then it'll slip every time.
Pull the clutch cover drain plug and let the machine sit and idle for about 10 minutes to dry out the clutches and it'll be good as new again till next time you wash the mud off.

·
8,879 Posts
Oh yeah, if you spun the belt much while it was wet rather than drying it out first you will probably need a new belt since the original will now have burnt spots in it.
All this info is in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, if you spun the belt much while it was wet rather than drying it out first you will probably need a new belt since the original will now have burnt spots in it.
All this info is in the Owner's Manual.
Yeah it only happen once an then i let off an shut it off an pushed it up on the trailer. When i get home i will pull the plug on the case an let it idle in neutral. Someone also told me the best way to prevent getting water in it again from washing an creek riding if i decide to do so is to have a snorkel kit installed.

·
Premium Member
7,481 Posts
Yeah it's very possible and not a big deal. It's happened to me when I give the beast a good soaking. Plus I don't have any clutch housing leaks. The water just made it way in through the snorkels from washing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts