Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last month on our last Maine trip, we stopped in a Polaris dealer and they had some free magazines on the shelf. I looked it over quickly, it was mostly a UTV rag, but looked good so I took it. Later on, I found it was a very good decision as inside was a very complete and easy to read explanation of the inner workings of a CVT transmission.

The name of the magazine is SnoWest’s DIRT TOYS. Here is the cover of the mag…

IMHO, the story inside is well written and quite in-depth as to how things work and why. Its in the Fall 2011 issue and is written by a man named Dustin Pancheri. Check out the magazine, I am told its new and looks pretty good to me! I also saw it at a local Polaris dealer here in CT as well. So maybe its available country wide.

I think it will answer many questions members have about tuning there CVT.

Enjoy,
CW

·
Registered
118 Posts
awesome article. thanks cw. im going to look for a copy of this somewhere. id like to have one

·
Registered
553 Posts
THanks for the article cw!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome article CW! It opens my mind as to what to do with my sp500. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I think I read this last year while buying my Blizzard trailer. But I reread it today. I have never had to open my clutch, but there is no such thing as too much knowledge.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
awesome article, Im pretty sure that answered all my questions. However, I just ordered a clutching book from aaen this morning for $30

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome article, Im pretty sure that answered all my questions. However, I just ordered a clutching book from aaen this morning for $30
I am glad it was a help!!

CW

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am SURE i am doing something wrong. I could not access this file. I logged on with my credentials just in case but that didn't help. Any ideas? thanks...

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought that I posted it...

I'm in the road I should be home tonight... if it's one I did I can see if I have a electronic copy.

CW

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yes good info. Thx.
link didnt work for me either.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts