Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now working on the braking system of my 97 / 98 Diesel D-bat, I need some help here, as I don't have service manual the rear brake system has 2 caliper's and the shoes are rusted right down to the steel, the bolts to hold them on to the disc are missing front brake has a caliper on each wheel and works by a brake leaver on the left side of the handle bars this works all four calipers, the right brake leaver is missing and looks like it controlled a brake to the gear shaft area. any help with this would be great as I am in Ireland and this type of ATV is not at all common.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jembo,
Thanks for the wiring diagram.
Like you my next thing to look at is brakes but where do you get parts in the uk? have you found anywhere?
I know that the discs look "dished" but maybe they will be ok if I can get some new pads, I stripped and rebuilt the gearbox output shaft brake but could not get the pads out as they put them in with blind pins (there are a few messages on here about them)
Is that brake assembly missing from yours?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin no I have everything on the brakes except 4 long bolts to hold on the rear 2 calipers to the disc, the front left and right calipers I dont about yet as I have not removed the wheels, I also think I may need the left brake leaver, I dont live in the UK and dont get parts here, I live in Ireland I think there is a Polaris dealer in the kerry area thats more south of the map of Ireland, but I am not looking forward to the braking system and I tried to undo the calipers on the back and there all jammed up.

Cheers

Jimmy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just fixing up a 1997 6x6 D-Bat myself. Did you get yours fixed up? Mine has a brake lever on the left handlebar that operates the front wheel calipers, and a right hand brake lever on the handlebars that operates the two calipers on the centre axle. There is a small caliper that is a transmission brake and this is operated by a foot pedal on the right hand foot well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts