Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to bother. i am new here and in doing research on this site i am convinced the ECM is fried. i have 2004 sprortsman 400 with the dead ECM issue. Polaris #4011110. I have done the checks using information found posted and have much less than battery voltage on the orange wires comming out with 12+ volts in on the red wires so convinced it is bad. this part is expensive and evidently on back order right now. I know i can jump 12v to the start switch and run the atv but i assume without the ECM there will be no charging. Is there a way to bypass the ECM using just an aftermarket voltage rectifier/regulator so i have a charging circuit.
Anyone with help it is greatly appreciated.

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,140 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,140 Posts

· Administrator
20,026 Posts
You assume too much:

The red wire connects to battery + and is not affected by the voltage on the orange (battery protected) wires

Jump red via a 10 amp fuse to the orange wires and check the charging system - if the rec/reg fails and over charges, it could cause the lights to burn out without the protection of the IPS (integrated power supply) or jump the org wires to the orange/white wires for protected operation (only if org/wht is not being used for other accessories) then check to see that the fan and hot lamp work as they should.
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

My supplier does not indicate that the part is on BO, but that could be updated to BO if I ordered one -
Font Parallel Number Pattern

Rectangle Font Line Material property Parallel

My supplier does not indicate BO, but that could be the status if I order one - $150

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You assume too much:

The red wire connects to battery + and is not affected by the voltage on the orange (battery protected) wires

Jump red via a 10 amp fuse to the orange wires and check the charging system - if the rec/reg fails and over charges, it could cause the lights to burn out without the protection of the IPS (integrated power supply) or jump the org wires to the orange/white wires for protected operation (only if org/wht is not being used for other accessories) then check to see that the fan and hot lamp work as they should.
View attachment 161568

My supplier does not indicate that the part is on BO, but that could be updated to BO if I ordered one -
View attachment 161569
You assume too much:

View attachment 161568

View attachment 161569
View attachment 161570

My supplier does not indicate BO, but that could be the status if I order one - $150
View attachment 161570

My supplier does not indicate BO, but that could be the status if I order one UOTE]

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I placed an online order through Partszilla since they showed it in stock for 159. Now i get the email it is on backorder there also. Can you check to see if you find it available through your source. I will gladly take one and provide cc for billing or use paypal or whatever you prefer. I am GA and checked all local sources. I have a grandson that works at the local polaris dealer. he cant get one until March

· Administrator
20,026 Posts
I placed an online order through Partszilla since they showed it in stock for 159. Now i get the email it is on backorder there also. Can you check to see if you find it available through your source. I will gladly take one and provide cc for billing or use paypal or whatever you prefer. I am GA and checked all local sources. I have a grandson that works at the local polaris dealer. he cant get one until March
I checked all my sources and they all report the part is on back order from the manufacturer (inability to get needed parts from China) to construct the units. Blame the Government or the actual principals, the corporate CEO's who put profit above all else. You will have to work around the problem as I described, order and pay for the part and wait for it to become available. You could also blame our children who were taught that incorporating electronics into everything mechanical was a good thing because electronics have no moving parts and are not subject to breaking or wearing out. In other words, the electronic components never fail and you only have to worry about the mechanical, moving and wearing parts to require replacement due to failure. It's this tunnel vision generation who see electric vehicles as the answer to all environmental woes. I recently saw an electric ATV that was billed as only having 4 moving parts and required no petroleum products to produce. So the tires were organic and it only traveled in a straight line as other moving parts would be required to steer it, but I can't help but wonder what process was used to extract the copper wire for manufacturing the motors. Was slave labor used to mine the ore that contained the copper? Was wood or waste materials burned to smelt the copper from the ore? Remember, we transitioned from heating homes with wood to heating with oil and natural gas because were deforesting the world and was in danger of running out of wood. Now wood is a renewable resource and is the better choice. Many homes were lost to fires caused by heating with wood (hot embers landing on roofs, chimney faults, chimney fires (burning creosote buildup).

This could go on for days. Sorry.

Anyway - order the part and wait - there are hundreds to thousands of 400, 450 and 500 Polaris ATV's both in and outside the US waiting on this part and if Polaris opts to cease sourcing the part, then they are all junk.

· Registered
5 Posts
I bought the 2203348 so if I can find it and help the original poster with his problem I would like to help him out as the part is not available now. Since this is my first time posting how do I let him know about it. I tried to message him but was not allowed because I an new to the forum. FYI I read this forum all the time and you are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these machines

· Administrator
20,026 Posts
I bought the 2203348 so if I can find it and help the original poster with his problem I would like to help him out as the part is not available now. Since this is my first time posting how do I let him know about it. I tried to message him but was not allowed because I an new to the forum. FYI I read this forum all the time and you are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these machines
@fjk6807 should get an email notification and see this post and he could PM you - I'll PM him and let him know you may be able to help him

1 - 20 of 24 Posts