Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for an ATV for my kids. Have been shopping around recently for something used, only a year or two old. Also considering something brand new. Do you guys think the dealers will start cutting prices if sales really slow down during the current times or are they more likely to just hold on to inventory and ride it out? There is usually not much of a difference between a new machine and something a year or two old. I feel like I am going to buy something used and then a month from now the new ones will be getting price cuts and will be cheaper then what I bought a used one for.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
I don't expect price cuts - ammunition is like gold right now - there is plenty available, you just can't buy it - I have over 250,000 rounds not because I need it, but I buy it when the price is low and sell some when the price goes up - it's the basic rule of business.

Dealers may raise the price if there is enough demand, but the price of the Chinese brands could go down as China struggles to rebuild their economy and move their glut of inventory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think there is a chance new machines will sell for better the typical pricing when this is all played out. Lots of people gonna be hurting finacially when its over, and at leadt in the pnw, theres not alot of cashflow through the dealers at this point. Were pretty well locked down, and not riding.
When things start to normalize im going to take advantage of the times and try to swing a deal to grt some cashflow through their doors!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another thing to consider when buying new is dealer prep. You could get hit with another $500 to $1000. Always ask "out the door" price.

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
I'd say inquire and be patient. Think of the last time we had a recession and the automarket.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am clear on the OTD price. I have flip flopped 100 times over the past week. Cant decide if I want to get him an ATC, an Ace 150, or trade my 570 in on a RZR and he can ride with me on the trails and we still have an Eton 90 he can buzz around on if he gets the itch to ride alone. Ill figure it out one of these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts