·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
Well that went south quick!

Reactions: iPREFERPi

·
Registered
418 Posts
First you come on here bashing Polaris because a dealer gave you a lowball offer, then you're trying to say Polaris trains dealer to lowball people , and finally you say you're not bashing Polaris, just the dealer...you seem to have a hard time "warning" people of this dealer with out cussing, saying fuck you to everybody whose commented and bashing Polaris... Hmm I think I may smell a troll or a guy that desperately needs a beer or 3

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am not trying to insult Polaris. I have owned atv's from most of the big companies and Polaris has been at it for a long time. I am 43 and I've owned an atv of one kind or another since I was 12 (there was only three wheelers then) but I do remember going to a dealership and being treated with some respect, everybody is out to rip you off bad nowadays. So I have been trying to sell it myself and I decided to trade it in for a 2010 sportsman 850 for 6k my machine is worth 9k if not more I wasn't expecting such a low offer 4k and now I am warning people on this Polaris forum about EDGE PERFORMANCE SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THAT I AM HELPING YOU THEN GO YOURSELVES
Hey A$$hole you're giving Canadians a bad name so take it somewhere else.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wow.
You sure you're Canadian? You seem a little tightly wound.
I'm not convinced....
This might be the best comment I've read on the Polaris forums thus far...:grin

At 43 years old, you'd think this guy would have some experience in haggling.

I was at a dealer in May of 2016 buying a new Can-Am for my wife. My Polaris 1000 (Paid $13K for it) was 14 months old, and just out of curiosity as asked what they would do on trade in... They offered me $5500. Yep, 1 year old and it lost $7500 in value. Well, not really, but that was what their perception was. (FYI, I didn't go on the Can-Am forum and bash their brand because one guy at one dealership offered me less than I thought my quad was worth.)

You have to see it from their point of view too. How often do you think guys swamp their machines and then trade them in just so they don't have to worry about the problems it may cause... The dealership has to assume that your machine has been rode hard and put away wet even if it's not true.

Reactions: iPREFERPi

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow.

You sure you're Canadian? You seem a little tightly wound.

I'm not convinced....

This might be the best comment I've read on the Polaris forums thus far...:grin

At 43 years old, you'd think this guy would have some experience in haggling.

I was at a dealer in May of 2016 buying a new Can-Am for my wife. My Polaris 1000 (Paid $13K for it) was 14 months old, and just out of curiosity as asked what they would do on trade in... They offered me $5500. Yep, 1 year old and it lost $7500 in value. Well, not really, but that was what their perception was. (FYI, I didn't go on the Can-Am forum and bash their brand because one guy at one dealership offered me less than I thought my quad was worth.)

You have to see it from their point of view too. How often do you think guys swamp their machines and then trade them in just so they don't have to worry about the problems it may cause... The dealership has to assume that your machine has been rode hard and put away wet even if it's not true.

Common sense does not belong here. This is for childish spoiled rants only. Take your experience and wisdom somewhere else.

You guys doubt he's Canadian and I doubt he's 43. Acts like a spoiled 16yo that has a lot to learn or will live a hard life because the world doesn't evolve around him like he's been taught it does.
Damn dealer should have been happy to take that trade and offer him 3k cash just for the pleasure of dealing with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I am not trying to insult Polaris. I have owned atv's from most of the big companies and Polaris has been at it for a long time. I am 43 and I've owned an atv of one kind or another since I was 12 (there was only three wheelers then) but I do remember going to a dealership and being treated with some respect, everybody is out to rip you off bad nowadays. So I have been trying to sell it myself and I decided to trade it in for a 2010 sportsman 850 for 6k my machine is worth 9k if not more I wasn't expecting such a low offer 4k and now I am warning people on this Polaris forum about EDGE PERFORMANCE SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THAT I AM HELPING YOU THEN GO YOURSELVES
Hey A$$hole you're giving Canadians a bad name so take it somewhere else.
eh, he's not the first Canadian to come on here and be a tool shed.

To the OP. based on the above statement, your story has changed. any attorney worth a dime would be able to get you laughed out of court if this were anything more than just a bunch of trail junkies goofing around on the internet. But since that's all it is. and the vast majority of people on here aren't in Canada, let alone Ontario - it's like your warning people never to walk on the moon because they might get dusty... Relax a little bit. We get it. You're pissed off about getting low balled. but lets face it. at the end of the day, what did it cost you? I think you may be forgetting that it's the whole purpose of a dealership to make a profit. and despite you knowing that everything is in good working order on your machine, they do not. and so they are going to have to invest money into the machine regardless. They are going to have to pay someone to inspect in thoroughly. They are going to have to pay someone to detail it thoroughly. They are going to have to pay someone to service it. and then they have to take up room on their showroom/lot that could be filled with a new machine or two and be items that don't sit long. They have no idea how long it's going to take to find a buyer for a ranger 6x6. Frankly, those aren't the most popular option. I'm sure you've noticed if you've been trying to sell it privately, and you haven't found a taker yet. Thus the whole reason you decided to try to trade it in. More than likely, your valuation of the machine is a lot higher than real world value. Otherwise you'd have sold it privately, and done so in a very quick time frame. I've never heard of anyone having issues selling a machine privately, unless they had it over priced.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know you've already thought of this, but here's my suggestion. Go buy a Honda...whatever you like, Rancher, Foreman, Rubicon, Recon, whatever. Then go start posting on the Honda ATV Forums. You'll have a fresh start. They're pretty nice over there.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
its all about the dealers. I was looking at a can-am, and that dealer was going to give me 3K trade for my 2011 850XP EPS, really! so I went to another dealer, and they gave me 4500 on trade, said it needed brakes, 4300 miles on it. plus the 2017 Polaris 850SP was cheaper than the can-am.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know you've already thought of this, but here's my suggestion. Go buy a Honda...whatever you like, Rancher, Foreman, Rubicon, Recon, whatever. Then go start posting on the Honda ATV Forums. You'll have a fresh start. They're pretty nice over there.
Definitely think your estimation is off. Here at Santa Teresa Motor Sports you can be out he door with a 2016 850 SP for $9600......I see this a lot, where people believe their machines are worth more than they are.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Such language pissed off. I hope they ban u. U are talking like a physco. Good luck getting RETAIL price for trading in avehicle. Wait. I see u did. Enjoy ur new machine and maybe consider changing to decaf. Cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
How much demand can there be for a 6 wheel? I have NEVER seen one at a dealership and have never seen one on the trail.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Such language pissed off. I hope they ban u. U are talking like a physco. Good luck getting RETAIL price for trading in avehicle. Wait. I see u did. Enjoy ur new machine and maybe consider changing to decaf. Cheers
Funny, you are responding to a two year old thread by someone that was on here for one day and never seen again!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.