Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if you guys think $1300 in set up fees is normal or excessive?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
They don't charge that much for cars & trucks!

Wow what a scam. What do they have to do? Assemble it from scratch? Add fluids? I would never buy new (avoids this and drive off the lot depreciation) but maybe someone else knows where else you can go for a lower "assembly" price? Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats crazy!!! My dealer waives all set up fees, they are just a way for the dealership to make more money. I don't know what machine you're looking at, or what they are asking but I paid $7299 for my new camo 850XP a few months ago. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
My area dealers have NO SETUP OR FREIGHT FEE'S either..... as those are a scam for the dealer to pocket more coin!! Call around in a few hour driving radius and get pricing and fee's from other dealers. Then ask the local guy to meet or beat those prices!! Usually they will match them when called out on thier price gouging (in a nice way)..... if not, be ready to "walk away" and take a drive to those better prices!!

The only down side.... although the local shop has to cover warranty work if any is to be had. But it it's questionalble in nature, they may not work very hard for you in claim defence. Shouldn't be this way, but it can be given the human emotions factor!!

I drove a little over 2.5 hours round trip to save $800.... well worth it to me (Mainly due to lazy sales guy, that never got back to me until after I purchased 2 weeks later). At the time I actually saved $675-700, after the gas and a family meal out on the town. Still well worth it..... as my weekend time isn't worth anything! :D And it was a family adventure!! Luckily, I didn't needed to have any service work performed on it at the local shop (done the oil changes myself). Although I have bought accessories locally.... thier price was higher then any I found online. When I asked them if they could "get close" to the online price, so I could "keep my money local" they did. I paid $10 more for each bumper, then the cheapest price I found them for online with no shipping fees.

It pays (saves) to shop around!! But at least see if the locals can meet or beat the best price found!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thats insane. I walked out the door with my 570 touring for $7250 before mods (rims,tires,bumper)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thats outrageous. My local dealer charges about $350+ but I drove an extra hour and saved over $1500 on the model I wanted. No dealer fees no tax cause I bought out of state. They sold it to me for less than msrp. Shop around. Its worth a little driving time

·
Registered
815 Posts
total cost tires wheels bumper and all was $8250

·
Registered
434 Posts
My local dealer tried to charge me that as well. Told me those fee's aren't negotiable. I drove thirty minutes north to cross the border into Cheyenne and saved $2500 total. No fees and no taxes either. On top of that it was way better service. You can definitely do better I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
First dealer I dealt with when I bought my 850 told me on the phone was 7100$ otd. I drive an hr there and he brings me papers with 8400$ I said no u told me 7100$ otd. He said yea plus the freight and assembly. I said u gonna waive that since u dont know what otd is. He said there not negotiable I said ok told the wife lets go got up and started walking out he said I well I could take half that cost off. I just kept walking and left!!

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've never paid setup fees. Bought 4 of our 5 quads new. 4 different dealers.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
And they dont want to talk about the rebates and special offers either. I went to to large dealers and they both acted like they could care less. Went to a little smaller dealer and he had no set up fee discounted the machine and discounted all accessories. So try a smaller dealer

1 - 20 of 26 Posts