Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yup, tried another dealer today and same bs. I might have to look elsewhere, I'm not buying anything for now.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sucks your having to deal with this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's scary high. I had a very similar experience when buying my sportsman last year. After a little bit of haggling they negated roughly $450 worth of setup fees! Talk to them, if they really want to sell you a machine they'll come down, if not, tell them you'll take your businesses ellswere. After all, $1300 is hard to come by(not to mention that'll buy some pretty nice mods!)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm very surprised you guys are dealing with that up there. Must be the comeback of industry.
Here in PA, I only dealt with 2 dealers and was able to get a discounted price plus no setup or delivery fees with both.
And that is on a 1000 scrambler that they can't keep in stock. I think they are just not willing to take the chance of losing a sale - last week.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Where I worked, we charged a set up/ pdi, but we also checked all the fluids, made sure the batteries were charged and put high altitude weights in the clutch. Not sure how much they charged but depending on the machine. Weights were kind of pricey

21 - 26 of 26 Posts