Polaris ATV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Deer are all muscle. ( Beef fat or Pork fat is required when the meat is being processed) Their hooves are so sharp they can walk in the woods on dry leaves and cut through them hit the wet ones and never make a sound and could probably put a hole in your chest. Not to mention males have antlers I wouldn't advise roping a live deer.
You do understand my post was a joke someone sent me, right?
I never use Beef or Pork when processing my Deer.
We have lots of Elk here also. I live in over 600,000 acres of National Forest.

·
Registered
411 Posts
No attitude, I explained why I said what I said. When you post a 1 word post, it’s not definitive to everyone. Next time, try “What is weight of bow”? Your constant BOLD italics seems to indicate an attitude, since you brought it up.

I guess you would have to be an archer or bow hunter to pick up the word poundage (draw weight) When I hear the word poundage I think of draw weight & not weight of the hunter. Example I shoot a Mathews Helim one of the lightest bows Mathews ever made @ 3.5lbs with a draw weight of 70lbs with 70 being the poundage. There wasn't much penetration with the lung shot used to dispatch the doe my 70lb bow would have gone all the way up to the fletching from the angle of the 2nd arrow I find a bullet to the back of the skull works quicker. I use the bold print sometimes so I don't have to strain my eyes no attitude here either. BTW thanks for the heads up on the Quad Logic fill/drain plugs and bearing greasers.
Happy Trails!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
You do understand my post was a joke someone sent me, right?
I never use Beef or Pork when processing my Deer.
We have lots of Elk here also. I live in over 600,000 acres of National Forest.
No I didn't I thought you were serious. Here in NC Elk hunting is Illegal they are a endangered species and protected so we use pork and beef fat to cut our meat. BTW that was a good story you had my attention I was serious about them hooves though.

Reactions: 2 XP 1000's

·
Registered
353 Posts
They have sort of a lottery for Elk hunting, I believe only 5 Elk are allowed to be harvested and The Native American's get the most. I never applied to harvest Elk even though I have at least 8 on my property at any given time.

·
Registered
2022 Highlifter 850 w/Camco X4s
217 Posts
That's the way it is for Moose here, lottery. But you have to pay for it. I put in a few times and never got it.... got tired of paying for nothing. Have a big bull and a cow with a calf on my property this year, all over the game cameras, pretty cool seeing them around.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,125 Posts
Food Ingredient Natural foods Recipe Food group

• Haha
Reactions: MrEd

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,125 Posts
Just another CITY deer in the daughters back yard today. Drop tines anyone!
Plant Plant community Deer Natural landscape Mammal

Reactions: pcaster
61 - 80 of 98 Posts