Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys would also like to start a debate on which aftermarket filter is preferable from experience.

K&n or uni filter

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Uni, they have a loyal following for a reason.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't know which one is better, but I grew up riding ATV's and dirt bikes...Only aftermarket air filters I have used are K&N.

I know you hear they flow well, but let small particles pass and blah, blah, blah.

All I know is I have used them on several trucks plus, a Ranger 800XP, Xr650R, VTX1300R, Rubicon 500 and a couple others...I have put thousands of miles on them and never had any trouble out of them.

I am sure UNI makes a good filter as well.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm only running stock on my SP570 so far, but in the past I've used UNI or Twin Air. Both were great.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You will see this debate on many other forums, and you will continue to see this debate untill there is some unbiased scientific research with graphs and what not showing the results. This goes for which one has more airflow, and which one keeps out more dirt. I have run both and have not issues with either. The UNI is easier to take care of. There is also nothing wrong with the K&N. People talk about letting in more particles, but how do they know this? Are they properly cleaning and oiling it on a regular basis? Either way, one or the other will work just fine.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I been running Uni filters for years....on my trucks...quads an race bikes...There is a test online some where i watched...showed the comparison to both with different micron sizes of dirt..And the UNi won hands down...and the airflow had about Null restriction for the Uni....Plus the Uni is so easy to clean..a bucket with some Dawn in it...wash it dry it an spray with foam filter oil....When I bought my used sporty it had a K&N on it....when I removed it..there was fine dust in the air tube...I ordered a UNI that day...Uni makes a foam sleeve for the [email protected] for the Pol filter....but i just ordered the filter...but in the long run its all in preference what you want...

·
Registered
157 Posts
This issue has been beaten to death as bad as the best oil issue. I've used the K&N airfilters for 35 years and never had a problem. Are they better or worse than any other brand? I don't know because I have no reason to try anything else.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well on ATV's like the 550&850 where the back of the filter against the filter door hold it in place, how does that work with the uni, their all foam aren't they? Don't you need something ridged to keep it on?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unis are rigid. No problem there

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts