Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been wondering about removing all the stickers on the scrammy. Making it plain white zero decals quad has 13 hrs on it and I just had replace all the front white plastic and decals .... the shop did everything .... I know white plastic looks good if kept clean and taken care of. So I was thinking about removing everything so if or when I lose a decal there isn't a bright white and faded white area. Has anyone else removed all the decals? Just a thought guve me your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
6,963 Posts
I think it would look really plain without any graphics. Pretty boring. Never seen one with no graphics at all on it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very seriously thinking about it ..... just feel bad for my shop guy that just put the new graphics on. I thought I seen a all plain one on here once before?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the rear one removed ... warning sticker that is .... I'm deff going to remove the other ones just need to go get my heat gun.... I wanna remove them and I don't want too, not sure what to do

·
Administrator
898 Posts
The very first thing I do when I buy a new machine is to remove all safety stickers on it. But I wouldn't remove the other graphics on the machine as it would make it look like the machines plastics have been removed and replaced without the graphics, it would just look weird to me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's my cousins 1k rzr he removed his as soon as we pushed it in the garage. He has a blue 1k with all the decals, really not sure what I like more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Go over the decals with long brown shag carpet, be a trend setter then call it
Grizz
Sasquatch
Wolly mamath
Beast
70's bush
Or something else cool

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go over the decals with long brown shag carpet, be a trend setter then call it
Grizz
Sasquatch
Wolly mamath
Beast
70's bush
Or something else cool
Hahahaha I like your thinking

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
IHI, is that you.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why did IHI get banned? While my quad was in the shop I didn't get online much.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
with white I would add some black carbon fiber elements :D
I still do have some leftovers after wrapping my truck :D
Some of "safety" stickers I removed / some other just covered with rubber ... whenever I want to, I can peel it off and have whatever I had before :/

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a few thoughts nothing much really. My heat gun trashed so now I need.to hit.up Lowe's in the morning .... if I find one decent price I think I'll be sticker free

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
IHI and the motoaliance(peter) guy got into a white glove slapping in the face contest.
peter cried to the upper management and then IHI was a goner.
peter must of really felt insulted.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I got a few thoughts nothing much really. My heat gun trashed so now I need.to hit.up Lowe's in the morning .... if I find one decent price I think I'll be sticker free
I bought a Wagner heat gun awhile ago and suprisingly it's held up great and wasn't very expensive at all. I don't use it for production like a window tinting place would, just now and again, one of those tools it's nice to have but doesn't get used a whole lot

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
No decals makes it look like a Chinese quad.

That rzr 1000 looks bad without them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I might take them off still, I'm thinking about it still .... I am going.to buy a heat gun to make the warning stickers easier. I might get carried away.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A guy at work brought in a Yamaha that he bought for his kid. I never really paid attention before and I'm not sure whether all of them are like this but Yamaha really doesn't want you to remove the warning stickers. They were imbedded into the plastic and riveted in. Sure you could drill out the rivets but you'd have an indentation in the plastic as well as holes.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
A guy at work brought in a Yamaha that he bought for his kid. I never really paid attention before and I'm not sure whether all of them are like this but Yamaha really doesn't want you to remove the warning stickers. They were imbedded into the plastic and riveted in. Sure you could drill out the rivets but you'd have an indentation in the plastic as well as holes.
My xp.plastic has a tiny raised lip around every area warning stickers r to go. Once removed though ya don't pay much attention, but when you do there's no doubt a sticker used to reside there due to shapes molded in plastic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts