·
Registered
2,339 Posts
No graphics looks stolen to me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had all the warning stickers removed on my old plastic they just stickers, I wish I could find the polaris that had all the stickers removed

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Used the wife's hair dryer ..... all the warning stickers are removed. I'm going to play around some with some paper and see if I wanna remove the decals. I'm thinking about removing some but not all of them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
A guy at work brought in a Yamaha that he bought for his kid. I never really paid attention before and I'm not sure whether all of them are like this but Yamaha really doesn't want you to remove the warning stickers. They were imbedded into the plastic and riveted in. Sure you could drill out the rivets but you'd have an indentation in the plastic as well as holes.
Hondas are the same.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No graphics looks stolen to me.
LOOKS BAD ASS TO ME :D and confusing others what model it is :p there is nothing about it, than having something, that no one have :D
I rather to see this scrammy white naked than another "submarine" snorkel kit on it...

HUMMER855 --> post some pics when you've done :D
Lol its HAMMER but you made me laugh .... while the wife is at work Monday I'll have my 2 girls, so if I have time ill most likely be removing all the stickers. I'm thinking about leaving the graphics that are on the gas tank area. Once I get to that part I'll decide more at thay point.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I didn't like that green color I had / and I had couple can's of that plastiDip... they sell it in white too... Some stickers I took off some of them I just covered with that rubber... you can do the same, take plastics off , spray them , and if you want your stickers back, peel rubber off... I left that "sportsman" "850" decal and small flag on the back, maybe something else like AWD? can't remember now... but you can still have yours stickers under that rubber... the only thing - it would be mat ... :( but I don't mind ... I don't like shinny things like dogs balls / chrome here ant there, sometimes too much it's too much :/

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll leave mine all white. I do wanna put.on the fender flares or extension, those would be black. And run a inch wider tire all the way around. I seen your pics looks.like the spray job came out really good.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I'll leave mine all white. I do wanna put.on the fender flares or extension, those would be black. And run a inch wider tire all the way around. I seen your pics looks.like the spray job came out really good.
thx. another thing - hard to keep clean when you like mudding... and it's just a rubber so when you scratch it it starts to peel it off... and I'm thinking of those fender flares or extensions myself... friends of mine ride a grizzly w/o them , and they were all clean when i was covered with a mud...:(
Good day.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We had rode the same trails for about 10 mins, when I seen his quad and mine I was like damn these scramblers do get you more muddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Opinions vary. Your atv, do what you want.
Me, I am searching high and low for red bull graphics for the scrammy. Cant seem to find them, but man every vehicle I see with them just looks great to me. Others may hate it, but they aren't riding it.
I personally like graphics where they make sense. Areas of plastic that tend to scratch. Would you rather have scratches in your white plastics (where dirt really shows up) or have graphics covering the area where it is way less noticeable?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Funny you mention red bull cause I was thinking about looking for those just too see them and see what they look like on a scrambler. I know I'll regret saying this but somehow someway when I had my trx 450 and all the riding we do and locations we ride very few if any scratches was on that plastic. Our personal trails we ride are fairly technical but we've cleared them and keep them nice. Public areas you all know it's hit or miss. I'll probably get to the removal sometime today.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Opinions vary. Your atv, do what you want.
Me, I am searching high and low for red bull graphics for the scrammy. Cant seem to find them, but man every vehicle I see with them just looks great to me. Others may hate it, but they aren't riding it.
I personally like graphics where they make sense. Areas of plastic that tend to scratch. Would you rather have scratches in your white plastics (where dirt really shows up) or have graphics covering the area where it is way less noticeable?
did you look up for some local advertising company ? those that wrap vans , trucks, trailers , boats / everything that can be wrapped ? I bet you they can print out any logo , install it and it will look PRO ! just like you want it :) if you find good one - probably you could design anything with them... Monster / RedBull... anything... the only thing I'm thinking of - are the company Rights for that logo... wouldn't you get in a trouble because of that if you're not legally sponsored by that company [redbull]? or machine wouldn't be on that company name w/logos on it... etc.. I'm not a lawyer or anywhere near to... but I'm a pessimist thats for sure ...

example here :
http://www.insightsigncompany.com/car-wraps/

Wrap your QUAD :D

Now you guys give me an idea of wrapping my quad to match my truck :D I though about it earlier but wasn't sure If I want it ...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I thought about but like you said without approval you could get in trouble. ( my mom is in law been down this road ) I'm pretty set on just riding it all white. It 4 degree here right now so I really don't feel like going out in the garage to run a hair dryer.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Meh, Red Bull wont give two flying purple twinkies about lil ole me and some makeshift wrap. Especially when I can just say I modified one from a rzr or something. They wouldn't waste their time and or money.
Now getting a wrap company to actually MAKE it is an entirely different story. That probably will not happen, unless of course you know someone that works there and they do it on the low.
Having said that, the only way RB is going to show a concern is if you market them for sale. Odds are no RB employee would ever lay eyes on my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I thought about but like you said without approval you could get in trouble. ( my mom is in law been down this road ) I'm pretty set on just riding it all white. It 4 degree here right now so I really don't feel like going out in the garage to run a hair dryer.
1F here / I couldn't start my diesel truck - forgot to put AntiGel for diesel last week ... so day off for me / who knows if not 2 :(

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Chronix79 you're awesome I knew there was one somewhere, I went out to the garage got one decal removed but it's 8 degrees here and just not worth doing right now ... they will be removed once it's warmer out I don't plan on riding for awhile, might take the quad to my parents and use dad's garage. It's heated.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I'm not a fan of the "no sticker" look. personally, but to each their own. I don't like the rzr 1k without stickers. looks like it's unfinished.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well i took some of them off today cleaning off the left over sticky my hands was cold and supper was about done so I didn't finish. ***** hate how pics don't always post the same direction, sorry

Attachments

21 - 40 of 48 Posts