Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went looking for a new ride this past weekend. I was shocked that my 2 favorite dealers hardly have any ATV's on the show room floor. Nobody had a 570 and one had 2 XP's and the other had 3-4. Wanted to look at the new Matt Gray Suzuki King Quad and nobody has one of those either. The favorite saying was if we don't have it we can get it for you. I don't buy anything without sitting on it and looking it over first. I am just the type if it isn't on the showroom floor or some place I can look at it i will go somewhere else.
They both had tons of Rzr's and Rangers.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'm with ya' Ronnie.. When I went quad hunting with my buddy last year, I was surpirsed at how many dealers were almost insulted when he told them he would not consider any machine he couldn't at least see.. He bought an arctic cat in spite of my protests.. But the dealer was great about letting him run around on the machine for a bit and even put it on a lift for him so he could get a really good look at it.. Most guys buying new are on the fence in one way or another.. A good dealer can steal customers left and right with the little extra effort this guy put in..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yep, if I can't bring it home with me after I drive it I won't be buying...I'm with you guys. However, I try to always buy used unless I can find a great deal / steal. I want a new Ford f150 but I'm going to wait for the 2015 all aluminum body that is supposed to get 30 mpg. So I will probably have to wait another year and buy a used one off lease. Always been a chevy guy but really like the new Fords. Alcoa who I work for supplies the aluminum sheet so I could get employee pricing but still $+30k seems way too steep for a vehicle.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm the same. I don't buy anything without doing tons of research first. which usually involves reading the reviews, handling it, or testing it in some way or another. I would never buy an ATV that I couldn't sit on and go over myself first. and that involves putting money down on it. Granted, if I were to put money down and the one they brought in didn't meet my needs at delivery there would be no sale until I get one that does. so it's a double edged sword. Just because you can't ride it before you order it, doesn't mean you've got to buy it once it's in. and you help the next guy by the dealership having the machine in the show room to test drive.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been a POPO fan for the last 13 years and that is all I have owned. It just seems when I go into a POPO shop they don't have the inventory because of the SXS market or just didn't order anything. You better have something if you want me to buy it.
When I go to the Arctic Cat dealer they might not have the exact color I want but they always seem to have the latest models for people to look at. They have no problem with me sitting on them, asking all kinds of questions and they show me stuff like a dealer should. They know I am a Polaris fan and it doesn't bother them one bit. They have been so nice to me when I had the top end rebuilt on the XP they did it and not the POPO shop. Sometimes change is good and Arctic Cat is slowly getting in the door.

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
My neighbour swears by arctic cat. His 400 (not sure on year) sits outside all winter under a cover. It starts every time he wants to plow, even when its -35c.

I have a friend with a 2010 mud pro 700, and they haven't had one issue with it since new. And they mud it all the time. Apparently the 1000 mud pro is a piece of shit tho.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yep, if I can't bring it home with me after I drive it I won't be buying...I'm with you guys. However, I try to always buy used unless I can find a great deal / steal. I want a new Ford f150 but I'm going to wait for the 2015 all aluminum body that is supposed to get 30 mpg. So I will probably have to wait another year and buy a used one off lease. Always been a chevy guy but really like the new Fords. Alcoa who I work for supplies the aluminum sheet so I could get employee pricing but still $+30k seems way too steep for a vehicle.
I am with you on this Kevin. I bought my 2012 F150 off of a lease with less than 7000 miles on it. Is like brand new and still has plenty of warranty left. I could not be happier. Saved a bunch of coin too!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not polaris, but a friend of mine has his mind is set on getting a honda. Local dealer had 2 on the floor. Barley raised an eyebrow when he walked in the door, never mentioned $1000 cash back deal going on. At this point he is ready to make a 10 hr drive to Seattle.
I really don;t think these dealers have any idea how much money they are losing. I really want to give my local dealer money, but EVERY time I go in there they piss me off and I spend my money online. Kurt's Polaris can kiss my.....

·
Registered
993 Posts
It's to bad you guys are so far away from me. My dealer carries every brand except canam and acrtic cat. They must have 200 units in stock of every color size and shape weather it be SXS or kids wheelers. rmcmilescity.com is their site the dealer is Riverside Marine and Cycle. Great people and they sell a ton of rigs. No hassle either they just cut right to the chase and give you the lowest they will take on any machine. Great dealer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Its winter..here in minnesota its rare to find a quad on the floor, nothing but sleds everywhere

1 - 11 of 11 Posts