Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying some new wheels and tires for the Sportsman 570. A few questions real quick.

1. Delta Steel wheels are they tougher than OEM? Anyone having issues with them getting bent or warped?
2. With the 4+3 Offset will 9" wide up front and 11" wide out back rub?

Strongly considering Maxxis Zilla's.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Built way tougher than OEM! I’ve never heard of anyone with Delta Steels having rubbing issues. If you want steel wheels these are the ones you want.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks for the response! No rubbing with 9's on the front too?

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
The 4+3 offset is more than the OEM wheels so they will stick out further from the frame. The 9" tires will clear everything with those wheels including the fenders.......

·
Premium Member
9,428 Posts
delta steels work good. 9 front 11-12 out back works. what kind of riding do you do? zillas are good. nice trail tire that work well in mud and snow. 6-ply with an open tread pattern are susceptible to punctures. but other then that they perform well as a trail tire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely lots of sharp rocks in Maine. The increased chance of a puncture is there for all mud tires vs. a close block tire like a rip saw. I am considering HTR's too as I have those on my Renegade and love them.

·
Premium Member
9,428 Posts
rips are to heavy for the 570 imo!!! for a lot of sharp rocks id recommend original bighorns or kenda bear claws HTRs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered a set of Kenda Bearclaw HTR's 27x9x12 for the front and 27x11x12 for the rears mounted on Delta Steel 4+3 rims. Ordered from Motosport.com was just over $700 free shipping. Same tires I have on my Renegade and I've loved them so figured why not. I'll probably get a clutch kit in a few months to bring back the power I'll lose with the heavier setup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve got ‘15 sportsman 570 with the 2” lift and 14” delta steel wheels with the 4+3 off set. I’m running 27” GBC dirt commanders and I absolutely love the set up. I live in Maine also and my wheeler has been doing great in the snow and mud.
The only thing I noticed after the new tires and wheels is with matching wheels front and rear the rear track width ends up being wider than the front. The hub face spacing (side to side) is different between front and rear and I thought it looked weird so I bought 1” spacers for the front to even it out. I highly expected to blowout a stock cv shaft by now but everything has been taking the abuse very well. Very pleased with the whole set up

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I’ve got ‘15 sportsman 570 with the 2” lift and 14” delta steel wheels with the 4+3 off set. I’m running 27” GBC dirt commanders and I absolutely love the set up. I live in Maine also and my wheeler has been doing great in the snow and mud.
The only thing I noticed after the new tires and wheels is with matching wheels front and rear the rear track width ends up being wider than the front. The hub face spacing (side to side) is different between front and rear and I thought it looked weird so I bought 1” spacers for the front to even it out. I highly expected to blowout a stock cv shaft by now but everything has been taking the abuse very well. Very pleased with the whole set up
Pictures?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Looks good Workmore! I’ve got 26” HTR Bearclaws(true 26”) and got a little rubbing on rear. I cranked preload not quite all the way and it’s better. Will be installing new Highlifter HD springs soon which should cure that. Any rubbing yourself?

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks Sprotsman, I do believe my 27” dirt commanders measure out to be 26”. They have never rubbed even before the spacers. Someday I will go with 30” dirt commanders and a clutch kit. I really like these tires, I’m impressed where I can go in just 2wd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts