Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Polaris Gang,
With the crazy snow in Wyoming and South Dakota, it seems time to start talking plows more often.

We have our DENALI series plows available this year in 50", 54", and 60" sizes. Multiple colors too.

Not going to "over-market" them. But for a GREAT price you can get a solid center mount plow system that rivals the WARN center mounts for quite a bit less.

The best description with pictures may be one of our Ebay listings here:

60" Denali Plow for Polaris Sportsman XP 550 850 XP | eBay

We also have some great packages available with our VIPER ELITE Snow Winch Series here:

60" Denali Plow 2500lb Viper Elite Winch 09 13 Polaris Sportsman 550 850 Kit | eBay

They are on big-time sale on Ebay right now, through October 10. Sale ends then, but you can still get 5% discounts through me with a PM. Thor sells them too and can offer great prices and packages.

Thanks guys!

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
Moto Alliance
1-866-527-7637

·
Registered
470 Posts
Can you comment please on the MA11104 XP belly mount:

Is it designed to stay on the machine or is it easily removed for regular riding? I am asking because of the ground clearance issue with such a mount.

Thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question. Some guys leave theirs on and it works as a bit of a skid plate. However, it is removable by just unscrewing the bolts.....probably 10-15 minutes at most. Thanks!

Peter
Moto

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thank you. PM sent with one more question.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Awesome plows for the money. We have sold tons of them. We also have one mounted on our our 1997 Sportsman 500 show unit. We have been using it for 2 years now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A short review.

I bought one and am happy overall with the purchase. I ordered a 54" yellow, but they quit making them apparently and I settled for black. Dangit I really wanted the yellow!

The build quality is good. That's the good news. I have plowed with it several times and it is a sturdy unit and has already moved significant snow.

For the bad news, the instructions are just terrible. The diagrams included are very small and fuzzy. They are essentially unusable. In parts, the text says to do one thing, but the fuzzy little diagram looks different. Which to follow? I guessed. What to do with the spring I wondered? No answer, no mention in the instructions. I guessed and threw it together. Quite a bit of slop and looseness. More on this in a moment.

I emailed Motoalliance and requested either photos or BIGGER CLEAR diagrams of a certain area I had questions about. They got back to me a few days later with large JPEGs of the blow-up parts schematic. This made finishing the assembly easy. Well, actually, I had to reassemble it after taking it apart--my guesses were in fact wrong. That is what caused the looseness and slop. Once it was together correctly, it was and remains rock solid and tight.

If anyone is listening, please include the bigger and clear diagrams in the instructions. It might cost a few cents more for each set instructions, but this is not so intuitive that it's easy.

Regarding the belly mount for my 850 XP (the MA11104), the instructions for it say to look behind the A-Arms for some holes a few inches apart. There are two such sets of holes. Which to use? Again, a guess. Hint: one works and one doesn't; it's the rearmost set of the holes.

In the end, I am pleased with the purchase and I would buy it again. I recommended to a good friend that he also buy the plow, which he did. I showed up at his garage with the better diagrams and he supplied the beverages. His went together pretty well, except the bolts included were too short. In the gap of time since I put mine on, I had forgotten that mine was the same way--it calls for 2.5" bolts to mount the belly mount and the ones it came with measured in at 2 1/8. An hour and a half round trip back to town for new bolts fixed this.

So, there you go. Solid plow, works well, well-built. Priced very fairly. Get one if you need one and do yourself a favor and email them for the bigger diagrams before you start.

·
Registered
479 Posts
How does this work on a gravel drive way. Thinking of down sizing from my Bronco to my Sportsman to do my shop and home driveways,

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will echo Lawdog's comments. Just mounted one on my 2013 850 and the instructions are terrible. The wording differs from what the pic shows, there are two sets of holes in the 850 that the mount could go in and they don't tell you which ones to use. Made for a very frustrating assembly!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Excellent write-up Lawdog. I have had the same thing happen, only with another ATV accessory. Bad instructions and wrong sized bolts. Seems to be a lot of that going on nowadays.... :nixweiss:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Awesome plows for the money. We have sold tons of them. We also have one mounted on our our 1997 Sportsman 500 show unit. We have been using it for 2 years now.

Thor that 500 looks almost as nice as mine! j/k .....
The only thing I see that I don't like is the lack of the top flange for mounting a snowflap. I added a flap to mine and it makes a big difference! No more powder blowing up over the top.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
pictures of Denali 54" plow

I've now moved a great deal of snow with the plow. I put strips of reflective tape on it since I usually plow at night. I also put some on back of blade for a couple reasons. One, it helps me see black blade in dark garage and not kick it with my damage-seeking big toe. Second, when I raise the blade and just the strip is visible, I know I've raised it just right amount and stop!

Here are some pics.

I use a boat winch strap to save wear and tear on winch rope. $12 at Walmart.

Indicator to stop lifting:

Tape on corners for seeing in dark garage:

·
Registered
309 Posts
How durable are these plows? Can anyone compare them to American Eagle, that was the last brand I owned and it was rock solid. Looking for a new ow for my 2012 500 HO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
They're very solid. I've hit some stuff while plowing and they bend over just like they should, then snap back up. No concerns.

Thor can compare the two of them for you in more detail, but when I spoke with him, he said they're similar. There was a big cost difference between the two when I bought, so I went with the Denali. Like I said above, other than the instructions, I've been very pleased and would buy again and do recommend it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Denali 60 for 570 sportsman 2015 installation

Does anyone know if this plow setup needs any modification or removal of skid plate if buy this product? I'm setting it up for Polaris sportsman 570 base model Indy red 2015 with warn winch. I'm not sure if I the mount clhas to be removed when you go trail riding. I have been debating if I will get this versus the glacier pro iii. I think the advantage of this based on my research online is the Denali is better built 11 gauge steel and motoalliance has better customer support than Polaris. Any tips highly appreciated.

This is the site on eBay 60" Denali ATV Complete Snow Plow for 2014 Sportsman 570 | eBay

I'm not sure if I'm gonna need any other part or this is it

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
They are a direct bolt up with factory skit plates. If you have something like ricochet on you will have to do some modifying to keep it all on at once. We are running a sale on them right now too. Might be a better price than right from moto.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks RVS

They are a direct bolt up with factory skit plates. If you have something like ricochet on you will have to do some modifying to keep it all on at once. We are running a sale on them right now too. Might be a better price than right from moto.
Thanks for the info. Highly appreciated

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Ryan and RVS. Love working with you guys and you do a great job informing people on the forums for us. Have a good rest of the weekend!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pulled the trigger

I just ordered from motoalliance. Took advantage of the ebaysale online coupon code and it's a very sweet deal for the complete plow package and accessories. Thanks guys for all the info. Now wish me luck in installing it. I'm new to all of this Atv stuff.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Does anyone know if this plow setup needs any modification or removal of skid plate if buy this product? I'm setting it up for Polaris sportsman 570 base model Indy red 2015 with warn winch. I'm not sure if I the mount clhas to be removed when you go trail riding. I have been debating if I will get this versus the glacier pro iii. I think the advantage of this based on my research online is the Denali is better built 11 gauge steel and motoalliance has better customer support than Polaris. Any tips highly appreciated.
The mount is left on when you don't need the plow, and then you need only to connect the plow with the two pins and hook the winch up to it. On the 2015 though, the rearmost two bolts for the mount are a bit of a hitch. One is tight and must be reamed out, the other is impossible as the battery is in the way. For both of these, I simply bought 2 carriage bolts, and nuts to match that would fit the square holes, and simply had the nuts on the bottom. Very solid. I understand most are simply using 4 bolts instead of 5, so they don't have to take the battery out like I did. Seems to be robust enough to use just the 4, but I'm kinda picky about stuff like that, and removed my battery, ground down the head slightly on the carriage bolt, and the battery now sits atop that. Your choice, but I would definitely recommend this plow, from what I've seen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stevie Ray need your help

The mount is left on when you don't need the plow, and then you need only to connect the plow with the two pins and hook the winch up to it. On the 2015 though, the rearmost two bolts for the mount are a bit of a hitch. One is tight and must be reamed out, the other is impossible as the battery is in the way. For both of these, I simply bought 2 carriage bolts, and nuts to match that would fit the square holes, and simply had the nuts on the bottom. Very solid. I understand most are simply using 4 bolts instead of 5, so they don't have to take the battery out like I did. Seems to be robust enough to use just the 4, but I'm kinda picky about stuff like that, and removed my battery, ground down the head slightly on the carriage bolt, and the battery now sits atop that. Your choice, but I would definitely recommend this plow, from what I've seen.
I got my Denali plow installed the plow and belly mount. You are right they now change and added two carriage bolts and 3rd page to the manual. I installed all 4 bolts, but I can't get to the 5th one cause I don't know how to remove the battery. Any tips on how I can do that. Do you have to remove the foot rest side panel to get to it? Also it took me a while to line up the plow to get the pins in. Any tip on how to easily mount it? Thanks again for your reply

1 - 20 of 22 Posts