Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Destination Polaris the first time last night on the Outdoor Channel. This is a cool idea by Polaris, a way of showing their stuff, they showcased the 850XP last night, even one that was modded up with Highlifter 31" tires and lift kit, Doug Rath bumpers, etc. They're doing this as a regular quad show with riding destinations (Sedona, AZ and Black Hills, SD last night). It comes on Monday nights at different times. Somebody at Polaris is using their head.:applaus:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Mondays?? I'll have to set my DVR to record these!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Pretty good show, they also have 2 or 3 off-road show's before it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ya Dirt trax is a pretty good one too. I was suprised they showed a polaris getting all modded out like that.

The shows been on a for a few weeks, last night was only the second time I have cought it. So i set my DVR to catch it every week now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw where this was show #5 I think, I can't believe I missed the first four. I'm not into mud to much but that 850XP was a monster, it sounded like it had plenty to turn the 31s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to see the Info for the New Polaris's on this show. Most of the riding segments are from old shows that have been on before. I can not remember the name of the show but do remember seeing them before. I set my DVR with a Find All for "ATV" be surprised at the number of shows that have ATV's in them.

Maybe Destination Polaris will find some new riding places in some shows later on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dirt Trax TV did a review on the 550XP last night. It did pretty well and the only negative was to add power steering...it is worth the extra money. The one thing I noticed, I will never look as perty as Tara riding a 550....lol.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't know about that gal they have doing the reviews some weeks. She is sure nice to look at, but I am not sure she knows what she is talking about. In her description of how the 4x4 switch worked, she had that all mixed up. Then she said something about the weight up on the nose making the 850 handle a lot different. I am not sure there is enough difference to matter 850 vs the weight of a 550, and the motor is more in the middle not on the nose. Plus with the XP the more weight added to the nose the less they push in the corners, so it is sort of oposite of what she said.

I also noticed in the video, you could see the nose of the 550 pushing in the turns, yet she said she disagreed with the other guy that did the 850s review when he comented on it. I own the 850 and have been on a 550, they seem about the same to me, and the guys review of the 850 was way more acurate.

Anyway at least she is nice eye candy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did see the bike push pretty bad on that loose corner but she was sitting straight up on the bike, no body english at all. I had to rewind it a few times before my eyes got low enough to see the tires...lol. I've rode them both also, no difference until you get on the gas.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did you notice how the handle bars seemed to twitch back and forth on her. I am not sure if she was doing that to try and make for better TV or if she was having trouble contoling the machine. I am leaning toward the on pupose for TV. LOL

She started off saying how similar it was to the old ones then lead into how everything has changed.:vogel:

Anyone know what happen to the guy they had doing these reviews last year. That guy really knew his stuff, I don't think I ever cought him in these sort of odd errors.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He was on a show a week or so ago but it could have been an old segment. I ran into those guys at Brimstone during the White Knuckle ride, he wasn't with them, neither was the little gal. I like their show, it has a lot more tests and tech stuff. Fischers Atv has turned into a 30 minute info-mercial. There was a guy named Doug who did a show for a couple of years on the Outdoor Channel, can't remember the name of it, he did some good rides and good projects too. I'm hoping this Destination Polaris keeps doing what they're doing. :soapbox:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ya, that was a rerun of an episode from last season. They were bought out over the summer by ATV magazine I think that was the name of who bought them.

Anyway he is not listed on the there website as part of the cast anymore. I am suprised they did not explain what happend to him on the website, since he was the main host of the show.

Doug still does ATV television, its an online based show now days. I herd that he got picked back up by another cable network, but it must not be avaible in my area. I like doug's show as well.

I agree Fishers show pretty much sucks, unless you like just watching him ride his ATV at different riding areas. There is almost no tech data and never any quad reviews.

I like how destination Polaris and Dirt trax do a little of everything in every episode. I admit I DVR them both and FF through the ride area reviews, I mainly only like the tech segments and Test ride segements.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well I hope you all know everything is screen read anyway. You can never really tell how smart someone is from those shows because they're always reading what someone else has written.

Anyway I watched that last episode that someone had posted the link to. Yeah that's a pretty cool show. I also like the diverseness in what they show in every episode.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey cc, would you happen to know what Doug's website is now? Also, anyone who wants to ride Hatfield/McCoy Sept 19 and 20, we're staying at the Twin Hollow Campground in Gilbert. Ya'll welcome

1 - 20 of 23 Posts