Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the 3 light mod today all I have to say it's a must.. Much better riding at night/evening hours...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Agreed. The stock 'one-or-the-other' lighting configuration left a lot to be desired. Especially at higher speeds, it was difficult to see far enough in front of you. The 3-light mod completely solved this problem.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I agree with you two, it was the first thing I did to my ATV

·
Registered
257 Posts
I did the 3 light mod using a relay and also swapped out the factory halogen bulbs for balasts and 6000k HIDs. Now that's bright

·
Registered
19 Posts
how is everyone doing their light mods?? Which are the cheapest / best options for doing this mod?? Are there any suggestions on light bulbs which do not draw a ton of amps??

·
Registered
434 Posts
the cheapest easiest way would be a diode from highbeam wire to lowbeam and a set of L.E.D or HID lights...leds being the cheapest and easiest

·
Registered
3,101 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
On my 400 the high beam seemed useless by itself. But i always found the lo beams more than adequate enough.

My xp has a 3 light mod from factory (so to speak), and i still rarely use the high beam. And i do a fair amount of night riding.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to turn the high beam with the handlebars turning then having the lows on not to hit logs..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any of you notice the high beam light moves quite freely. I'll be riding and the light will be in the right adjustment and then you hit a bump and it will be pointing 10ft over the trail. I took apart the head light assembly and everything is in place but it is a loose and to be honest a pretty cheap setup for adjusting the headlight angle, lots of play in it. Any mods to this to prevent the mentioned problem?

·
Registered
434 Posts
sounds like the light is sliding on adjuster, add enough epoxy to the back end of the adjuster where it goes through the light so that it stops the light from sliding but dont glue it to the adjuster or it might be hard to remove light

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really need to look into doing this as well. Are the instructions pretty clear and easy to follow? Snipping wires has always been a fear of mine!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The way I did mine I didn't cut any wires.. Just used blue crimp splicers..

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yep....well worth the time to do it! And I went ahead and added an extra set of lights in my bumper. PLENTY of light now! : )

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just ordered

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just watch the video instead of soldering just use the blue splice crimps..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just look up the how to in the fourm for 3 light mod or look it up on YouTube.. Real easy to do

1 - 20 of 32 Posts