Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have names for some of my other equipment for example my Kubota Tractor I call "Katie". My wife asked me what are you going to name your new 4-wheeler and honestly I can't come up with a good name for her yet? Got me wondering do any of you have a name for your ride?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I named mine "Traveller". I hope General Lee won't mind.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
this should be an interesting thread. I actually named my ride the "swamp billy goat" it just seemed like I was climbing things others couldn't and crawling through mud/water holes and crossings that others couldn't, or at the very least my bike was making easier work of it. we were out on a 35 mile black trail and there was a lot of mud every where, deep ruts, excessive amount of water everything was slick because of it, hill climbs after hill climbs with slick mud and slick rocks. there was carnage all around guys breaking down, over heating, popping beads, puncturing tires, bending suspension and steering components. it was just an unforgiving day and in the middle of it all I was like the bike is climbing and crawling through it all and the name came to me and the rest is history.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I usually don't name my wheelers.... but the 800 has been nick named "The Beast" and the 400 is nameless.

Our daily drivers are named though.... "Big Bessie" (2500HD) & the "Momma Mobile" (Denali).

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
NO!................:werd:

·
Registered
450 Posts
My 850 Touring is "Big Red"... It's by far the biggest machine (dimensions and displacement) in our group, also the heaviest. When someone's really stuck, or breaks down needing a tow, Big Red pulls yeoman duty.

My daily driver, Dodge MegaCab, is simply "Goat"...

I know, real creative names, huh...

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
"Moe the quad"

Seriously tho i think naming vehicles is cheesy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Named my 500HO Red Rocket and my 400HO Green Hornet. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
My 850 Touring is "Big Red"...
You nick named it after a Honda??? :D

Yet you have a nick name for your quad.... I love it! :D

For me the nick names come from my children..... and after they come up with the nick name, usually they spend hours giggling about it. At least that was the case with "Big Bessie", my Chevy 2500HD. It can be "Fun", if you have or understand children and thier innocence. As its not ussually something I spend sleepless nights trying to creatively come up with myself! :idea:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I named my Napoleon because it divides and conquers

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think my tractor's name is "yew-f*cker"....because I often find myself yelling, "cmon yew-f*cker!!!"

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine: Althea
Wifes: Cassidy
2 fav Grateful Dead tunes...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
no name yet. Though I did name my first truck I ever owned. "Old Blue" after the dog from where the red fern grows. The truck was red.

·
Registered
615 Posts
My 850 Touring is "Big Red"...
You nick named it after a Honda??? :D

Yet you have a nick name for your quad.... I love it! :D

For me the nick names come from my children..... and after they come up with the nick name, usually they spend hours giggling about it. At least that was the case with "Big Bessie", my Chevy 2500HD. It can be "Fun", if you have or understand children and thier innocence. As its not ussually something I spend sleepless nights trying to creatively come up with myself! :idea:
That is exactly how my 96 Sporty got the nickname "Old Frankie", for Frankenstein! It's been brought back to life with new parts, and some pieces from different models and its old and green! My wife and I were joking about it and my son started calling it Old Frankie and it has stuck.

The 07 Scrambler hasnt been in the garage long enough to have a nickname yet!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I think my tractor's name is "yew-f*cker"....because I often find myself yelling, "cmon yew-f*cker!!!"
Now that you mention it...... "[email protected]" has been the name of a couple of my mechanical devices!! :rofl: :D

That is exactly how my 96 Sporty got the nickname "Old Frankie", for Frankenstein! It's been brought back to life with new parts, and some pieces from different models and its old and green! My wife and I were joking about it and my son started calling it Old Frankie and it has stuck.
I like it... Gotta love kids! :fing02: Sounds like you need to find a Frankenstien shift knob!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yep, names are in the sig. My niece helped with naming them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
@ MustBeNice: I honestly never thought about that. If you can point me to one, it'll be on order this weekend! My son will get a kick out of it too!

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It must be related to my neighbors Grizzly. It's name seems to be 'MF*cker'
:tapedshut: And he usually throws a wrench, shop rag, or empty beer can while uttering the name.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts