Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
haha

Thats funny, " i put the biggest most aggresive tire i could fit on my stock bike. Then i sunk it in a mud hole and it broke! WHAT A POS" :shocked1: hahahaha.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thats funny, " I put the biggest most aggresive tire i could fit on my stock bike. Then i sunk it in a mud hole and it broke! WHAT A POS" :shocked1: hahahaha.
:supergay:

Just admit polaris has way more issues than any other name brand bike and even a couple Chinese bikes. I guess the tires poked a hole in the radiator too right. the bike is not lifted and it HAD 28'' backs. I knew eventually they would break, but literly like 15 min. So IMO i think they would break with any fairly aggessive tire

·
Registered
962 Posts
Just admit polaris has way more issues than any other name brand bike and even a couple Chinese bikes. I guess the tires poked a hole in the radiator too right. the bike is not lifted and it HAD 28'' backs. I knew eventually they would break, but literly like 15 min. So IMO i think they would break with any fairly aggessive tire
They ALL have their issues. I ride with guys that have every brand, and atleast one of them has issues every time we ride...even the mighty Can Ams. Although most of those problems are typically caused by the right thumb.

My 08 Sportsman has almost 2000 miles on it, with at least 75% of it in the mud, and I'm STILL running stock axles. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thats funny, " I put the biggest most aggresive tire i could fit on my stock bike. Then i sunk it in a mud hole and it broke! WHAT A POS" :shocked1: hahahaha.

I aint broke an axle yet, on either one of my polaris's. did have to replace a radiator on my scrambler though. tree jumped out of no where during a harescrambler. How exactly did the radiator break again?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I aint broke an axle yet, on either one of my polaris's. did have to replace a radiator on my scrambler though. tree jumped out of no where during a harescrambler. How exactly did the radiator break again?

Beats me, I smelled glycol and I pulled the front panel where you fill radiator. I seen it was pissing right at the top back side of the coil in plan site.

Also I'm developing a loud grinding sound from front left shock. Witch will I'm sure have to be replaced. To just keep blaming all these issues on tires that where only on less than 20 mins. Sound like Obama blaming Bush satiation.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Beats me, I smelled glycol and I pulled the front panel where you fill radiator. I seen it was pissing right at the top back side of the coil in plan site.

Also I'm developing a loud grinding sound from front left shock. Witch will I'm sure have to be replaced. To just keep blaming all these issues on tires that where only on less than 20 mins. Sound like Obama blaming Bush satiation.
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT POLARIS DID NOT PUT IN ONE OF THOSE PUNCHER PROOF RADIATORS THAT ALL THE CHINESE BRANDS AND CAN AM ARE USEING!!!!!!!!!!!! thats it, im switching to chinese brands. have you even ever stopped and listened to your self for one second lol. go back to the kawasaki forum

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT POLARIS DID NOT PUT IN ONE OF THOSE PUNCHER PROOF RADIATORS THAT ALL THE CHINESE BRANDS AND CAN AM ARE USEING!!!!!!!!!!!! thats it, im switching to chinese brands. have you even ever stopped and listened to your self for one second lol. go back to the kawasaki forum

Ignorance must be bliss! How many of those word did you have to spell check Genius. Have another beer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
man you put a post on here flaming polaris and people don't agree with you so you just get all nasty and flame people back. lol

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
This thread is pointless

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey I had a problem with my 2012 Sportsman 400 with the timing gear going bad and taking out my motor. Yes I was pissed because it happened but my wife's 400 still runs fine and I found a very low miles motor for mine and got it fixed. I realize now I just got a rare lemon with the 400's history for being bullet proof motors and moved on. Point I'm saying is fix what you got and move on. You can't beat these quads and yes sometimes you get a lemon. Next time I'll get the ex tented warranty that's for sure. We enjoy these quads so much an I still recommend them toy friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Hey I had a problem with my 2012 Sportsman 400 with the timing gear going bad and taking out my motor. Yes I was pissed because it happened but my wife's 400 still runs fine and I found a very low miles motor for mine and got it fixed. I realize now I just got a rare lemon with the 400's history for being bullet proof motors and moved on. Point I'm saying is fix what you got and move on. You can't beat these quads and yes sometimes you get a lemon. Next time I'll get the ex tented warranty that's for sure. We enjoy these quads so much an I still recommend them toy friends

Exactly....and used as they were intended to be used they will last as well as anybody's atv. Mod them and they will break like everyone else's atv's, especially if you add monster tires and leave the axles stock

·
Registered
179 Posts
We do quite a bit of mudding, my 2011 850 has had zero problems, except I broke both front axles at the same time Labor Day weekend, hit a stump under the water, not the quads fault, when you ride mud and water these things can happen, my can am buddies are broke way more than I am, a lot of it has to do with thumb control, I know when to get the winch line out, lol.

I just have 28" silverback xlites, and stealth snorkel kit, other than that pretty much stock, best thing I ever did was snorkel it, they places we ride sometimes you have no choice but to go through the water and I have peace of mind now.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Ignorance must be bliss! How many of those word did you have to spell check Genius. Have another beer.
Lol I spell check a the WORD^ I RIGHT haha

·
Registered
826 Posts
You forgot more than a few things...lol.

The below thread is your answer, you put 28" silverbacks on, went mudding and broke your quad. Then you put your stock tires back on so Polaris would fix your quad under warranty. Then...lol...you went back and broke the stock axles in the same hole again...Seems more like a lack of common sense instead of the quad being a lemon.

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-repair-maintenance/57744-axles.html
X2

Would Polaris have replaced the axles under warranty if you came in with the big tires mounted?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We do quite a bit of mudding, my 2011 850 has had zero problems, except I broke both front axles at the same time Labor Day weekend, hit a stump under the water, not the quads fault, when you ride mud and water these things can happen, my can am buddies are broke way more than I am, a lot of it has to do with thumb control, I know when to get the winch line out, lol.

I just have 28" silverback xlites, and stealth snorkel kit, other than that pretty much stock, best thing I ever did was snorkel it, they places we ride sometimes you have no choice but to go through the water and I have peace of mind now.

Thank you. This is the kind of info I need.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)

Exactly....and used as they were intended to be used they will last as well as anybody's atv. Mod them and they will break like everyone else's atv's, especially if you add monster tires and leave the axles stock
Lets move on to some other issues Genius. The whole front end has / will be replaced before its over. I know you like to look like you know what your talking about, but you have to address the WHOLE issue. We got the obvious. Please read the WHOLE thread.

Compair any other stock axle and show me a link to where there are as many complaints Polaris. 2011+

Listen people don't come here to find out stuff they already know. People like you, make people like me, not want to come back to this forum.

·
Registered
316 Posts
One thing I find VERY interesting is that when you read most (and I won't say all but most) of the threads with things that break it is on rides that are modified in some way or they were doing something that is clearly out of the intended use. If EVERY polaris quad was breaking when people just trail rode or used them on their property you couldn't have enough space on these threads. As has been stated in EVERY thread on ANY ATV, SLED or whatever, people who's rides do what they were intended for and don't modify them don't complain on blogs. They are out riding.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

Lets move on to some other issues Genius. The whole front end has / will be replaced before its over. I know you like to look like you know what your talking about, but you have to address the WHOLE issue. We got the obvious. Please read the WHOLE thread.

Compair any other stock axle and show me a link to where there are as many complaints Polaris. 2011+

Listen people don't come here to find out stuff they already know. People like you, make people like me, not want to come back to this forum.
Then don't come back....genius If people like you already knew that they were going to break stuff when they modded their machines, then they shouldn't come on here and complain about it frickin idiot

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
The 2 preceding posts are the GENIUS in this thread. It is so ironic when someone busts their equipment up when using it outside the parameters it was intended for. Once u mod or exceed the limits prescribed in the owners manual the results all fall on the owners shoulders not the manufactures. As for the 570 it is an absolutely great bike. For the money it is the best u can buy. Just consider all u get for the money. There is one problem with it, heat. The heat issue seems to have been addressed with the 2015's and fix for the 2014's under warranty. It's a first year bike for crying out load, first year. How many times has the statement "I wouldn't buy a first model year anything" been spoken. As a buyer u have to be educated and if ur buying a first year anything u can't be surprised if there is a glitch in the matrix. In no way am I exonerating polaris but it is just heat on a first yr model that is being corrected. I also am certain of this 90% or more of the bikes with the heat issues are either modded, exceeded the manufacturers limitations, and/or aren't being maintained properly.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts