Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So little by little working out the bugs on a 2000 Xplorer 250. Newest issue: when shifting into reverse the engine shuts off. Not bogging the motor, literally shuts off like hitting a kill switch. Forward in Hi and Lo works fine. Reverse worked before but it's been sitting about a year waiting to afford other unrelated parts. Any ideas? Oh, one other thing. Just found the crank case vent. Is it just a vent or should it be going to one of the ports on the carb? I have all 3 ports on the carb vented now, works but adjustment seems a little wierd. Carb has already been rebuilt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response! Wiring is still all good, electrical is my specialty, just no experience on atvs. Found that pushing in the override allows it to work so for now will go with that, something internal in the switch housing I'm guessing. Next big question is do I leave it alone or do what I would normally do and pull apart the switch housing to try to rebuild only to find its not suppose to come apart! The vent I mentioned is a tubed vent right near the pull starter. I found the tube melted off at the exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts