Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this 1999 Sportsman Diesel for sale on Craig's List, if anyone is lookin'. Just thought I'd share, since they seem to come up few and far between..... Polaris 455 Diesel ATV

Answer in Advance: No, this is not my machine or anyone I know.... just sharing a find.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It reads "Post expired".
Must have sold???
Musta' :dunno:.... after all I did post this "find" over two months ago on 06/03/2015 (today 08/07/2015)! :veryhappy:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Even though the diesel failed miserably, mainly because it was brutally slow and lacked glow plugs, I've always remained curious.
Maybe I would buy one if I could find one in good shape and relatively close to home. LOL!
Thanks for posting. I'm sorry I didn't find it months ago.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Arctic Cat still makes a diesel model: 700 Superduty Diesel. I've talked to a couple guys that own them. Kinda slow, maybe 45 mph tops, 1 guy said after his was broken in, he got 54 mph. A few guys have done turbo conversions, then they get pretty interesting. The guys that own them claim that they will pull like hell, great for a farmer, maybe.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Arctic Cat still makes a diesel model: 700 Superduty Diesel. I've talked to a couple guys that own them. Kinda slow, maybe 45 mph tops, 1 guy said after his was broken in, he got 54 mph. A few guys have done turbo conversions, then they get pretty interesting. The guys that own them claim that they will pull like hell, great for a farmer, maybe.
Nice!
No AC dealer anywhere near me though. Too bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one here in Ireland have no clue what it is, as I rebulid I am having problems with nut and head sizes as we in Europe use metric spanner sizes where as America is a differant type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts