Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had found a thread a few weeks ago that had a guy that installed a digital volt meter in the open slot next to the key. Ordered the voltmeter, but cannot find the thread.

Not a very good electrician. how would I go about wiring this thing up so when i turn the key off it turns the voltmeter off as well?

Thanks,

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not sure where your thread went you were looking for, but I can answer your wiring question.

Under the light pod should be a free accessory wire that is turned on with the key. I think mine was orange & white. You can use that for the keyed power.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would suggest to get a digital volt meter that just plugs into the accessory -cigarette lighter plug on the left side of the dash
Amazon should have them, they have everything.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had found a thread a few weeks ago that had a guy that installed a digital volt meter in the open slot next to the key. Ordered the voltmeter, but cannot find the thread.

Not a very good electrician. how would I go about wiring this thing up so when i turn the key off it turns the voltmeter off as well?

Thanks,
It might have been me. I did start a thread and did install one. Instrument cluster voltmeter is consistently 13.5 while new meter reads 14.5. Mainly I installed to monitor volts and temperature(instrument cluster) simultaneously :nerd

·
Registered
720 Posts

Thanks,
OK I think this might be thread you were looking for. I wasn't OP, but did reply in a couple of posts.
https://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-general-discussion/185793-voltage-indicator-pod-way-off.html

·
Registered
141 Posts
My '18 570 has the option to show battery voltage on the dash display. Or will that not work for your purposes?

·
Registered
720 Posts
That’s where mine is going. I have my light bar switch there now but will soon relocate it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’m doing the same mod. Already purchased the USB/Voltmeter combo. Just need to install it. Figured the USB is good to have at the very least to keep my phone charged.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I’ve got this one on now, it was kind of a test. It was dead on to multimeter while pod voltmeter consistently read low. USB is definitely a plus.
23F57B41-E31C-4E05-9BAB-A548E730F56F.png

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’ve got this one on now, it was kind of a test. It was dead on to multimeter while pod voltmeter consistently read low. USB is definitely a plus.
That's an interesting location. Do the 570s not have a screw there to hold the top and bottom of the pod together like my 800 does?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts