Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace a lower "ball joint" on an "88 4x4 trail boss, and I can't find a replacement part. Polaris says that they no longer have the part available and I've checked with Parts Unlimited and the listing that they have for this particular model is incorrect. The part looks like a tie rod end that goes through the bottom wheel hub/strut mount. Can any of you help me find a replacement? If you look at a 1988 trail boss 4x4 parts diagram, under the steering post diagram, it's part number 62. Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
royaldistributing.com part # a08-13e005 $29.95 cdn from the listings in the catalogue all polaris ball joints up to 06 are the same

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is how Parts Unlimited listed them as well. But...after ordering the part I found out that they weren't all the same and when I talked to Parts Unlimited they did some more research and found out that there were some differences. Thanks for the help. This end looks like a tie rod end and not a normal "ball joint" looking style.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
are you still fighting over that ? try dennis kirk they have a boat load of tie rod ends and they list the specs.(shaft and thread sizes) since polaris dosn't make one anymore you are going to have to be creative
did you try taking the old one off and take it to an auto parts or tractor(agriculture equip.) store to see if they could find something that looks like yours.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
i think i can help. i was on e-bay today and there is some used ones on e-bay. for an 87 trail boss. seller is michfish5 good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts