Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me out here. About two weeks ago I hopped on my ATV to go for a ride, started her up, after about 5 seconds the display shut off. The ATV still runs fine, the display just shuts off after I start it. If it is not running and just has the key on, the display will stay on no problem. As soon as I start it though, about 5 seconds later the display goes out. Once I shut the ATV off for a minute and turn it back on it lights up again, until I start it. Anyone else dealt with this problem before? Please help, I am pulling my hair out on this one!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:undwech:

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Hoping someone can help me out here. About two weeks ago I hopped on my ATV to go for a ride, started her up, after about 5 seconds the display shut off. The ATV still runs fine, the display just shuts off after I start it. If it is not running and just has the key on, the display will stay on no problem. As soon as I start it though, about 5 seconds later the display goes out. Once I shut the ATV off for a minute and turn it back on it lights up again, until I start it. Anyone else dealt with this problem before? Please help, I am pulling my hair out on this one!!

Does your AWD quit working wehen the display quits??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your AWD quit working wehen the display quits??[/QUOTE]

No the ATV continues to run, I was just out on it a minute ago and while I was riding it came back on for a few minutes, then shut off again.

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
I also have this problem and My AWD will not work. The rest of the machine seems to work fine. I could also use some help to diagnose this problem.
The display has a safety feature - if the charging voltage is too high it shuts off so the display is not damaged - check the voltage across the battery at about 3000 rpm - usually it indicates a failed rec/reg, but sometimes it turns out to be a shorted stator which may allow high AC into the DC circuit. Get the charging system checked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts