Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking on getting the gorilla axle stage one lift kit for my 09 850 xp but do i need to upgrade the axles right away? Will the stock axles still work with the lift or is it too much of an angle? Im planing on getting new axles but just wanted to wait to get them. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Stock polaris axles are nealy indestructable.

Do a search and see.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Im looking on getting the gorilla axle stage one lift kit for my 09 850 xp but do i need to upgrade the axles right away? Will the stock axles still work with the lift or is it too much of an angle? Im planing on getting new axles but just wanted to wait to get them. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Stock polaris axles are nealy indestructable.

Do a search and see.
He's being facetious..... it may be in your best interest to install new axles while you are installing the lift. As I'm assuming you'll be adding larger, more aggressive tires as well?! But you can always run stock until they do break.... no if, but when.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The 09 and 10's had decent axles from the factory. I ran stock axles for about a year with my lift and 28'' outlaw radials. I was conscious about them and wasn't afraid to get pulled out instead of trying to pin it to win it style. I eventually upgraded the axles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yes i am going to put law's on probably 31''s but i wont be doing any crazy mudding for a while. The main reason i want to get it done before upgrading to new axels right away is because the girlfriend bought a quad too and her tires are really bad so ill give her mine and ill get bigger ones. I was was planing on getting bigger tires at some point but since her tires are so bad, i want to get them soon so she can have my old ones that are decent for her for right now. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Stock axles are long enough for a 3in, but wont like the angles for long.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I don't recommend running the lift with stock axles. They will break. You are better off getting the upgraded axles, and selling the stock ones while they are still good to offset the price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What axels do you guys recommend for a 3 inch lift?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Turner, Gorilla, or cobra. I personally run Gorilla, but the Cobra's are popular right now. I have not yet run the Cobra axles, but they are a little cheaper and they seem to be holding up well. I will most likely be trying them on my next build.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts