Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a permit to carry a gun does anyone ride with a hand gun while pleasure riding not hunting . I ask only because we ride in some remote areas and last years we had a lot of cases of rabbid animals . I would think normal animals would be scared away by the atv noise .or is frowned upon on public trails ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, the nuclear powered Glock 20sf, the muzzle blast alone kills everything. Also cruise around with my Saiga when I'm on my land to kill all hogs and Yotes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When it comes to carrying I'm worse than a chick with a purse. Depending on the clothes I have on or the situation I may carry a xd subcompact 9 with either extended mag or flush mag depending on shirt. Sometimes if I feel like being a bad ass I carry my mill spec Springfield 1911 on a shoulder holster or a sub nose .38 inside the waste band or on the ankle.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I just carry a .22 MAG revolver in the front box for whatever critter I might encounter

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sure do, if I'm in dirt and not sand/water I'll carry a M&P 40c in a Safariland retention holster and if the terrain is sandy or watery (more rust potential) I'll put my M&P 360 snub nose .357 inside my rear rack bag.

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I'm in hunt mode I will carry because I get off the machine and walk around. Might get lucky and get a shoot at a coyote. When I'm out with my buddies generally I won't carry. We are usually rippin most of the time unless the wives are with us. This is my newest addition.
uploadfromtaptalk1396150197376.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
lol, I am a chick with a purse but I ride with a Sig .380 in my front pocket.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys sorry if there are multiple threads out there I didn't see them and I'm new to this forum and riding atvs I didn't want to be the only guy with a Ruger on his hip .when I was unloading my quad or if I should conceal because I will carry.

l lived in Montana I would carry if not in town .Its a long way between town had car trouble and had to scare off a bear once .Now I carry if in wilderness even if not in Montana .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Always! Never leave home without it. I know what you mean we have a wild hog problem on the trail system closest to where I live. Most of the time they stay away but some of the large boars can really be mean.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I like to ride with a M&P9 however if it's a large enough group, I typically leave it home or in the truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks guys sorry if there are multiple threads out there I didn't see them and I'm new to this forum and riding atvs I didn't want to be the only guy with a Ruger on his hip .when I was unloading my quad or if I should conceal because I will carry.

l lived in Montana I would carry if not in town .Its a long way between town had car trouble and had to scare off a bear once .Now I carry if in wilderness even if not in Montana .
You're not alone, I conceal carry Glock 19. Never know what you're going to run into on the trail.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I carry my Baby Desert Eagle 45 when we ride.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I usually carry my Dan Wesson 357 while hunting, and when just riding in area we hunt. A lot of coyote in the area.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wild Hog

Here a is an example from today's trail ride about the wild hogs we run into on the trail system we ride near by the most. I worry about them more than I do most of the people I come into contact with out there. But just in case I am ready for them too.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
That looks like some good eating right there! I think I'll be packing my XD 9mm this year when I'm riding. Just in case and I figure my .454 might be overkill :cowboy:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Ruger Redhawk in 41 mag or Sig P220 45ACP. Like American Express...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Springfield Armory XDm .45 either mounted on the machine or on my tactical drop holster.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts