Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you wax your plastics on your Polaris ATV....and if you do, what kind of wax do you use? Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
I use pledge. Call me crazy but it works really well and I'm done in no time.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
heres what I typically do: hose it down to knock off the big stuff, pressure wash, dish detergent n terry towel wash, a spray cleaner like simonize with a terry cloth, armor-all with a terry cloth. the armor all is nice because it prevents a lot of residue from building up along with preventing mud from sticking to begin with.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
furniture polish for plastics

like millpond says (polo says too). I've heard a good spraying of wd40 underneath before going mudding helps to have it slide right off. pressure washing is cool but avoid zerks, bushings and any other rubber/metal contact point, they can't really take 2000+ psi and may get damaged. But the reality is I rarely wash my quads off...

·
Registered
119 Posts
My last atv I had for 5 years and never did anything more than a rinse off with the hose and that was after fertilizing the yard. I never get into mud.

My new 570 eps will get the same treatment. My atv is a tool I use…not a fashion statement.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good..pledge

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
I waxed mine. Really didn't need to. If you have a limited editon with painted plastics I would for sure wax.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Usually a hose down. No soap but a big of a scrub with a towel or rag. Recently started wiping it and my sled down with atf. It actually seems to be fairly repellant and leaves a nice finish. I dont get it on any black plastic or the seat.

No quad pics yet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My atv is a tool I use…not a fashion statement.
Why bother replying if its not helping? The guy is proud of his investment and so am I. When I put it up for an extended time I wash it and make it look nice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use Protect All, or Armor All whichever is handy. akes it easy to clean when hosing off. Will try the Pledge too as it seems allot like the Protect All product.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree Millpond

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I use a wash and wax combo on the painted plastics and wd-40 on the under sides before riding. I also spray a light coat of wd-40 on the chassis after washing and drying to keep any bolts and bare metal from rusting.

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
I used to use pledge but armor all seems to adhere to the plastic better and repells the next rides abuse better.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Bp!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just got my 800 this winter and haven't had a chance to get into any mud yet. But I'll keep the WD40 in mind. I did wash it down, on a warmer day, and then used Jax Wax on the plastics. It's cheap and real easy to use. Makes the red plastic shine up alot and seems to be holding up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pledge also...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts