Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been thinking about a programmer and the this one seems to stand out. looks the best other than auto tune but I can not spend the money for auto tune.

has anyone used the gen 4 on a 850 yet?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
They haven't released them for the 850 yet that I've seen, but it's been a few weeks since I last looked. They work just like the 3.5 as far as operation goes, (can add or subtract fuel) but include a wide band O2 and an A/F with them all shipped for about $300. I've put one in so far and it was super easy, plug and play like all the other stuff from them. Works great and easy to tune on the fly.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
They haven't released them for the 850 yet that I've seen, but it's been a few weeks since I last looked. They work just like the 3.5 as far as operation goes, (can add or subtract fuel) but include a wide band O2 and an A/F with them all shipped for about $300. I've put one in so far and it was super easy, plug and play like all the other stuff from them. Works great and easy to tune on the fly.
I've been interested in doing a programmer for awhile but only if it had an o2 setup. Does the addition of the o2 make programming the gen 4 a lot easier now? Cause when I studied the gen 3 or 3.5 that has all the setting for different throttle positions and what not, it look very complicated to be programming while testing...not to mention no way of knowing if you were hitting the correct A/F ratio.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
They all come preprogrammed for a "stage1" setting. Which would be an air filter and complete exhaust system in most cases. The addition of the A/F gauge makes it easier and faster to dial in and also offers an auto tune option where you can simply set an A/F mixture of say, 13:1 and it will keep it there automatically.

AFR+ - Air/Fuel Ratio gauge plus EFI controller. #1 Fuel trimming and closed loop controller.

I was off on price. They retail at $325 and an additional charge to waterproof the A/F gauge and a mount is not offered by dobeck, but they gauge is 2 1/16" standard size so there are many aftermarket options out there to mount them. I'm starting to get some of it in stock as the demand is there, but they are still developing the bulk of them.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
No idea. Asked them a month ago and they said they are working on it. I think Harley and a few others are higher priority as a customer base for them. I know I install about 7 programmers on bikes to 1 on an atv.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Subscribing as I just got a 13 850 and looking to learn for future mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts