Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend, riding in 0 degree weather, my battery light was blinking on a few different occasions. I was running headlights, and hand and thumb warmers on Hi. But we were riding pretty hard all night (definitely charging the battery) but sometimes as soon as I'd slow down and idle, the battery light would blink again. I always keep my machine on a tender, it always goes green pretty quickly. Even after I plugged in the tender the night I got the blinking battery light, it went green immediately. Does a blinking battery light mean that my bat is going bad? or was it just an effect of cold temps and a decent amount of draw from the lights and warmers. I feel like headlights and warmers shouldn't be overload for the system though..... 2 year old stock batter, always kept on a tender.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
probably wouldn't hurt to have the battery tested. Cold temps and batteries don't mix well. The cold drastically reduces the strength of the battery. though with a running motor it shouldn't be an issue. Might be a bad connection somewhere as well.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mine will blink at me if im plowing for a long time in cold temps, but then again i never get up going very fast or at high rpms to charge it good while plowing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine did it tonight while plowing. I backed it in the garage took seat off grabbed my meter and tested while running and battery light not flashing and I got 11.7v so I assume my charging system is gone. Yours could be too. Test if you have a meter.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ugh I hate cold weather because of the damn batteries. The battery of my motorcycle died on me while eating lunch (lucky for me Walmart was within walking distance) and both my Sportsmans are about to kick the bucket for the looks of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts