1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought a mini compressor from Harbor freight. It has came in handy a few times. Once I had to put a plug in when I was out in the forest. That little compressor work great. I have the green slime in my tires just in case!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have a craftsman one in my quad and a cheap one in all my others. They have been used and came in handy and don't take up a bunch of room in my front box.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I bought a mini compressor from Harbor freight. It has came in handy a few times. Once I had to put a plug in when I was out in the forest. That little compressor work great. I have the green slime in my tires just in case!!
I got the same one and dont go riding with out it!

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
slime comp. + a plug kit.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Plug kit and a small 12 volt compressor. I HATE slime in the tires.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Fleet farm has a great kit
a mini compressor and slime and plug kit and a few other things for flat tires all in a compact little case
here's a pic of Eric using it on the trail

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
put in a plug some slime some air and back on the trail in 10 minutes

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
oh a hint let the wheeler run why you have it plugged in and on it can drain a battery

·
Registered
222 Posts
yes, slime kit, plugs

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
I won't ride without my plug kit and compressor. I have a tiny little Slime compressor in my front box, and a larger compressor with much more volume output in my gear bag. The slime compressor works fine and takes up almost no storage space. That's why I still carry it in addition to my larger compressor. I don't care for slime in my tires, and since there aren't a lot of thorns and such where I ride, really don't need it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
which one is it?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have always just carried the CO2 charges. Only takes a couple to fill a tire. You can't get anymore compact than those. Also carry a plug kit. I have considered getting a compressor, but think I will be fine with the CO2's.

Tusk 16 Gram CO2 Inflator Kit | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Pretty cheap too!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a small Craftsman 12v air compressor, saved my butt a bunch of times.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
How many of them little co2 does it take to blow up a tire

·
Registered
52 Posts
Never ride without it....except I have never had to use it but for Razors, Can-Ams(DOOOOHHHH!!!!)....LOL.....my Zillas with Highlifter sealant never have problems.......:veryhappy::veryhappy::veryhappy::veryhappy::veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Slime time!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have the Slime 12v compressor, plug kit with lots of extra plugs, and a CO2 cartridge kit that does double duty as a hand pump if you run out of cartridges.
I've never needed to use any of it yet. But I've helped others out who had absolutely nothing at all on their machines.

·
Registered
311 Posts
^^^ Ditto clinebo, i carry the slime compressor, lots of plugs and CO2 inflator, I've used all these items but seemingly never for mine own quad, I need to start charging my buddies I ride with for these items as them never seem to have what them should carry with them on the trailer, cheap asses lol.

I will say my compressor takes up a little more room than I would like it too. One of my buddies took his compressor and removed the plastic case and just carries the guts around, works perfect. I also carry tire spoons and spare valve stems since we always seems to rip off at least one stem on our long weekend rides. The CO2 inflator from Tusk helps seat beads on the trailer ok, or at least get you back to camp for the starter fluid :veryhappy:

This is similar to the compressor I carry:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/726/13439/Slime-Air-Compressor-with-Pressure-Gauge?term=air compressor

1 - 20 of 53 Posts