Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried lift kits from two well respected companies. The first kit the shock mounts were wrong. The second kit (from the same company) I had to bang/bent on and later discovered the swaybar link tabs were welded on in the wrong location. In this companies kit, the difference between the left and right a-arms was incredible. Sometimes the angles, tabs and/or mounts were 1/2" off between the left a-arm and the right! The third kit was by far the worst...couldn't even get the hub installed because it was 3/4" of an inch off. And the shock mounts were wrong, the swaybar tabs were wrong, and the a-arm tubes (where it mounts to the frame) were just a hair too narrow as well.

What gives? All three kits were sent back and I now have 30" tires and rims with 2 rides on them sitting in my garage.

Is anybody running a raked lift kit that hasn't experienced problems??

1st kit (Brand A): Shock mount only 1 1/4" wide (my shock was 1 3/8"). Had to remove the kit and send back.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd kit (Brand A)

1. Swaybar link mounts installed in wrong location
2. Only 1/2" clearance between hole and support bracket ON ONE SIDE ONLY. But the bushing is 1 1 1/2" wide. I had to grind out some of the support bracket - the other side was fine :gruebel:
3. Showing the width of the bushing
4. Incorrect location of mounts - bent the swaybar links in less than 5 minutes

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand B:

1. Wrong shock mount angle
2. How the heck do you expect me to grease that? I can't even get a 90 degree zerk fitting in there!
3. The lower and upper a-arms were 3/4" off from each other. Even prying with a crowbar I couldn't get the hub on.
4. Looks like the angle of the swaybar link is off. And the link mount needs to be higher - I couldn't thread the bushing in on the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
I use to use one of the companies you posted pictures of there product (I can tell by upper A-arm design) and finally got sick of the excuses for slow shipment and most of all I got tired of having to modify the A-arms to fit.

The arms I had ordered (3 sets) were just heavy duty replacements.

I finally sent them an email stating to send me a return label as I am not installing anymore of there product unless I can use the same tools required to install factory OEM A-arms - Meaning no floor press to press pivot mounts closer, no digging bar to straighten pivot mounts so both are equal, no floor jack to spread pivot mounts)

·
Registered
531 Posts
im sorry your having so much bad luck thats outkast right?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm not sure why you aren't posting the manufacturers name. I'm not suggesting a bash fest on them, but the facts of what they did wrong and how they tried to correct it.
If a company puts out a poor quality product others should know.
If I was about to buy a lift kit I would want to know which company to avoid.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Those pics are crazy. It's like they aren't even the correct model. WOW :gruebel:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

You're right.....and I wish I knew of these potential problems before I made the purchase or I never would have done it. I spent several thousand dollars between the lift, tires and snorkel kit - and these issues almost pushed me to the point of not even wanted the quad anymore.

The first two kits were from catvos. Although the owner was cordial, he hardly ever took or returned my calls. I sent him countless pictures and even shipped him my stock a-arm so he could see where he went wrong. I offered him an opportunity to give me a partial refund but he refused so I sent the whole thing back. Even though he verbally agreed, paypal ended up refunding my money - it was not done voluntarily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution of Your Case: #PP-002-706-800-656

Dear Greg,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $769.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Custom ATV of Shreveport INC.
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: 0VN97845KX0782043

Transaction Date: Sep 18, 2013
Transaction Amount: -$769.00 USD
Invoice ID: [email protected]@DkPAAAGsSvg0AAAAi-27524
Your Transaction ID: 103352021V5471026
Case Number: PP-002-706-800-656

Buyer's Transaction ID: 103352021V5471026

What to Do Next

No further action is required by you at this time.

Other Details

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the
PayPal site and click the Security Center link located at the top of any
page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the
"Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

To learn more about PayPal's Buyer Protection Program, go to the PayPal
website and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
page.

Thanks,

PayPal Protection Services Department
Sincerely,
PayPal

Help Center:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help
Security Center:
https://www.paypal.com/us/security

This email was sent by an automated system, so if you reply, nobody will
see it. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact
Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright © 2013 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at
2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal Email ID PP769

More information will be coming - this is what I can share for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not sure why you aren't posting the manufacturers name. I'm not suggesting a bash fest on them, but the facts of what they did wrong and how they tried to correct it.
If a company puts out a poor quality product others should know.

I agree !!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
What a joke. I don't know how they expect to continue in business with a product that poorly designed/made.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The company I had problems with was Stateline Customs. The fitment was 90% good but the delivery times were horrible - 2 weeks turned into 3 months..

·
Registered
531 Posts
the bottom one looks like outkast and im assuming the first one is katvos? or one or the other... well i mean im sorry you have these problems and YOU shouldent have these problems from creditable companies like these.... i ride with alot of people and im big into the atv scene.. and i know no joke 60 or 70 people with each lift on their bikes.. and not one of them ever said they had a problem... you must just have bad luck.. check out backwoods armor state line customs dirty south customs

·
Registered
531 Posts
i stand corrected

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the bottom one looks like outkast and im assuming the first one is katvos? or one or the other... well i mean im sorry you have these problems and YOU shouldent have these problems from creditable companies like these.... i ride with alot of people and im big into the atv scene.. and i know no joke 60 or 70 people with each lift on their bikes.. and not one of them ever said they had a problem... you must just have bad luck.. check out backwoods armor state line customs dirty south customs

Wow - you know your lifts :). I'm impressed.

The 2nd catvos lift fit with a little prying and hammering - but I couldn't use the swaybar because their links were installed in the wrong place. They refused to fix it or give me a partial refund so I sent it back and paypal refunded my money.

The other lift you mentioned was a mess.....I couldn't even get the first set of a-arms on. It looks to be well constructed, but IMO that company has to work out some bugs before selling anymore of these kits.

Since you seem to be very knowledgeable in these lifts, who is making the best quality kit out there? I would like a kit, but expect it to bolt on without any problems! I have read mixed reviews on SLC and not too many people seem to be running backwoods armor kits.

·
Registered
531 Posts
well outkast is known for that... they claim that the reason you need a pry bar is because all the welds warp their arches... and a few people i know said the had to do a little prying... i also know 3 people with scrammys personally with outkast lifts one a 3 and the other 2 a 5 and they love it went on with no problems.... and know alot of people with sportsmans and others with outkast... SLC i know a few of people with them.. im not saying they are a dieing breed but no one seems to use them as much anymore... but that outkast not refunding your money is garbage.... infact also with a scrammy... they built him just rear 2 inch raked a arms and were well under 200 bucks.... backwoods armor give them a call.. but first go with katvos they have superior lifts and was seriously considering buying thier lift but i found a guy on here selling a 3 inch high lifter for pennys... i think a 3 inch lift with all arched/ raked a arms is around 500 or 600

·
Registered
531 Posts
wait i just got myself confused.... catvos... they gave you the riggamarole... and the price you paid.... i believe you got played... well then try outkast.... i cannot believe katvos gave you that crap.... becasue i have not heard one bad remark from a catvos buyer...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a joke. I don't know how they expect to continue in business with a product that poorly designed/made.
I don't understand either. These are the same kits that are being used on sportsmans from 09'+ - you would think they would have a kit that fits correctly by now!

well outkast is known for that... they claim that the reason you need a pry bar is because all the welds warp their arches... and a few people i know said they had to do a little prying
Wish I had known that before I made the purchase - the fit of their lift kit was awful. BTW, I also received PM's from two other forum members with the same problems with Outkast lifts. It seems pretty clear that Outkast knows their is a fitment issue, but has not corrected the problem.

wait i just got myself confused.... catvos... they gave you the riggamarole... and the price you paid.... i believe you got played... well then try outkast.... i cannot believe katvos gave you that crap.... becasue i have not heard one bad remark from a catvos buyer...
The pictures I posted are from both Catvos and Outkast lifts - I tried them both. I wasn't going to name names but since Outkast has yet to refund my money, I had to file a credit card dispute this afternoon so no sense in holding back.

The Catvos lift had a much better fit than the Outkast - the Outkast was so far off I couldn't even get it to bolt on. If it weren't for the swaybar link mounts, Catvos refusing to return my calls, or find a solution, it's something that could have been resolved - it's a shame.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hate seeing stuff happen like this especially when ive been around Outkast products for a while and have not seen problems like this until the scrambler lift but more than a few customers have the same exact problem and it still isnt fixed?? At least for outkast I hope they step their game up a little bit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nothing worse than buying a kit that doesn't fit and then having to fight for your money back.

wellsfargo.com
We're making progress on your dispute

Dispute Number: 11073225
Date Posted: 11/4/2013
Merchant Name: OUTKASTFABWORX
Amount of Transaction: 700.00
Card Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX6484

Based on the information you’ve provided, the merchant may owe you a refund.

The merchant has up to 30 days to look into this and get back to us.

We’ll let you know as soon as we hear from the merchant. Until then, thank you for your patience.
Questions about your dispute?

Call us at 1-800-390-0533
Mon-Fri 8 am 10 pm Central Time or Sat 8 am 5:30 pm Central Time
Fax Number
1-866-656-0056

Sincerely,
Wells Fargo Dispute Resolution Center

wellsfargo.com | Fraud Information Center
You received this notification because you are a cardholder, account owner, or an authorized representative for this account.

Please do not reply to this automated email.
116200b0-ade0-4bbe-bedc-0266370b1c1a

1 - 20 of 41 Posts