Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Depends..the voltage regulator was upgraded for 2019 (new part number), new axles 2018 above. However, the starting issue, battery location, and other odd stuff continue.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Overheating is a non-issue with newer 570’s. IMO far more have a positive experience with the 450 HO/570. If one voltage regulator in 2 1/2 years for 2 bikes excludes me from 570 with NO problems then your asking for too much.

·
Premium Member
7,555 Posts
I have about 1k miles and 100 hours. So far out 570 has a slight amount of play in the rear outer lower control arm bushings. Also when the clutch gets worked the one way bearing gets a little temperamental. Only overheating ive had was my fault I allowed the radiator to get caked. Keeping the rad clean is essential to any offroad machine. But Polaris has addressed all the overheating issues that the earlier machines suffered from.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Overheating is a non-issue with newer 570’s. IMO far more have a positive experience with the 450 HO/570. If one voltage regulator in 2 1/2 years for 2 bikes excludes me from 570 with NO problems then your asking for too much.
Thanks. Overheating was my main concern. My father just bought a lightly used 2016 X2 and it overheats constantly

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
As of Aug 12, 2017; "In the past two and a half years, Polaris has experienced defects across virtually all of its product lines, many of which involve risks of fire. Including the latest recall last week for more than 25,000 Sportsman 570 ATVs and 1,100 RZR 570s, Polaris has now had to recall some 400,000 vehicles." (From The Motley Fool)

The 570 seems to be a problem child. Besides ATV's the 400,000 number includes, snowmobiles, Victory and Indian motorcycles, the Spyder and Slingshot trikes.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Many problems are caused by the operator not understand the machine or using it for something it was not intended for, but everybody get's lucky sometimes and some people are just luckier than others. One guy I know is the luckiest person I ever met. I know he is luckier than me because he can kiss my butt and I can't!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Many problems are caused by the operator not understand the machine or using it for something it was not intended for, but everybody get's lucky sometimes and some people are just luckier than others. One guy I know is the luckiest person I ever met. I know he is luckier than me because he can kiss my butt and I can't!
Guess I’m really lucky not having friends like that! ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a 2017 and have had no issues with it. The problem with reading forums is that mostly people go on there looking for answers to problems. For every person who has a problem with "X" there are tens of thousands of people who do not have problems with "X". There is not reason for people to go onto a forum and start a thread detailing the fact they had no problems with their machine. You can search forums for almost anything made and read page after page of problems.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
2017 touring with no major problems besides the pinhead that put the battery on at the dealership cross threaded the connection. but once that was fixed it's been right as rain.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a 2017 and have had no issues with it. The problem with reading forums is that mostly people go on there looking for answers to problems. For every person who has a problem with "X" there are tens of thousands of people who do not have problems with "X". There is not reason for people to go onto a forum and start a thread detailing the fact they had no problems with their machine. You can search forums for almost anything made and read page after page of problems.
Your right on midwest. Besides the early “heat” issues that have been resolved and some voltage regulators cooking I’m just not seeing it. I’d buy another.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Defective rectifiers are a Polaris issue not related to the 570 per say, i think most have the same one, my 1000 was defective on the showroom floor !, overall the 570 is not a bad model,
I find all 4 coil springs are way to soft from factory. The suspension is stiffer than some other brands like Arctic Cat for example but i thing the springs should be much stiffer.

·
Registered
694 Posts
^^^Yup all have 3 Phase 50 amp rectifiers, guts all the same. Only the harness varies. Agree with the springs too. Maybe I should be looking for a Black Friday deal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As of Aug 12, 2017; "In the past two and a half years, Polaris has experienced defects across virtually all of its product lines, many of which involve risks of fire. Including the latest recall last week for more than 25,000 Sportsman 570 ATVs and 1,100 RZR 570s, Polaris has now had to recall some 400,000 vehicles." (From The Motley Fool)

The 570 seems to be a problem child. Besides ATV's the 400,000 number includes, snowmobiles, Victory and Indian motorcycles, the Spyder and Slingshot trikes.
Thanks for that. God. Too bad yamaha doesn’t make a two up

·
Registered
694 Posts
Not exclusive to Polaris. One of hundreds you can Google.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts