Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 sportsman 800 that I did a TPS adjustment on and the voltages I used for my settings were found on another forum and the quad isnt quite right yet so I figured Id see if anyone could check their manual to see what the TPS voltages should be for the 06 800? As of now I did the base voltage with idle screw out to get .528 and then turned in the idle screw until I hit .640 like I saw was the spec for that machine. Once I started it the idle was way to low so I bumped it up to .710 which is the spec for the 05 and the idle is now at 1050 to 1100 when warm, but it has a weird hick up that causes it to die while warming up. If anyone has the correct voltage specs from the manual hopefully it will help me get this thing dialed in.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
By idle screw, do you mean the air flow screw on the throttle body?

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everywhere Ive seen its been called a idle screw and the procedure I used was to reset the tps voltage with the screw backed all the way off so that the throttle blade is completely shut for the base adjustment. I found this in the high lifter forums and it was called tps adjustment without Polaris tool. Im just looking for the tps voltage spec for this particular machine after the base adjustment has been done.

·
11,613 Posts
Did you ever get a definite answer on the voltage spec for a 06 800? The 07 calls for .735 +/_ .010 but that is way too rich. An 06 Ranger calls for .660 and that seems to be a closer setting from my experimenting.
From what I can find, the 06 800 is sort of an odd duck and Polaris was playing around with different stuff during that time. The 06 700 and 800 share the same manual but I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet.
Good luck and if you find something please share.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts