Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just picked up a new Polaris 570 Sportsman SP. I've been trying to understand exactly how the lock and ride system works, but have had no luck finding information on actually locking a rear cargo box to the system. All I've found are reviews about how quick and easy it is to remove, which is great, but I also want to make it difficult to remove when out on the trail. Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The cargo box locks down using the Polaris lock and ride anchors/mounts (LOCK & RIDE ATV EXPANSION ANCHOR WITH MOUNT | Polaris ATV Store), one on each side of the cargo box which line up with the existing lock and ride mounting holes that come standard on their ATVs racks. The photo on their site is the open position, when closed by pushing down the lever on the top, the rubber ring shown on the bottom get pushed outwords/expanded locking them in to place when used in the mounting holes on the atv.

The mounts are adjustable, and will stay on extremely tight when adjusted properly. Once you have the adjustment correct you probably won't have to fiddle with it anymore, and then it's super quick to put the cargo box on and take it off, and by quick I mean ~5 seconds, just one lever on each side to open or shut.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the details and information. But I should have clarified a bit more, when I referenced the word "lock"... is there any anti-theft device that can be secured or incorporated with the system. Ie. a pad lock that can be placed through the lock and ride component? Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts