Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my wifes and my neighbors 2014 570 sportsman start very slow. Its almost like the starter is weak, or the battery is weak....its odd that they both do this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine starts up every single time on the second or third crank. Definitely not slow to start! My motorcycle doesn't even start that fast.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine starts fine and quick but I know what you are asking about. It sounds like the battery is weak even when fully charged.
Mine does the same thing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine does it also

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would describe it as turning over slow. Sounds like a low battery but I think this engine has a long stroke making it sound like that.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I find my 500 turns over hard also but these are high compression engines. Even with a new battery, mine still turns over slow.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would describe it as turning over slow. Sounds like a low battery but I think this engine has a long stroke making it sound like that.
Im finding that this is very slow, and almost taking 3 seconds or so to start up while cranking over.....neighbors is doing the same thing. Im going to take a video of it at some point and post it on here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
With my 570 if I just crank the key it takes longer to start then if I wait a second or two for the fuel injection to prime itself.

Nothing like a weak or low battery though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok the new thing is now it is no longer firing up within a second or two....its taking several turn overs of the engine before it starts up. I have owned 10+ ATVs/UTVs and never noticed one to do this. I dont know how to explain this to the dealer. Overal Im not to happy with the build quality of this thing.

Several heat shield noise NVH issues that I had to resolve...seat interface to where tank plastic is fits terrible, engine turns over very slow, lots of clunking in drivetrain....not to impressed and I have like 20 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Dang dude, that's odd. I'd feel ripped off too. My 570 starts every time, doesn't make weird noises, and I have like 8 hours and tons if miles on it. Hopefully they fix your ride.

·
Registered
815 Posts
If i can remember I will take a video today after work. I know if i turn mine over and it doesn't start fully, it has to turn over quite a bit to start then. Like too much fuel gets in and floods it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If i can remember I will take a video today after work. I know if i turn mine over and it doesn't start fully, it has to turn over quite a bit to start then. Like too much fuel gets in and floods it.
That is similar to both of ours. When I get back home I will take a video also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
johnson

I also bought a 14 570 and mine seems to take longer to start, also lots of drive train noises, I'm thinking about buying a more aggressive clutch kit, I also noticed the other day after it sat for a week that it would barely move itself forward or back as tho the clutch was slipping or not turning at all, I've been very frustrated with this machine, next time I'll spend the money and buy a suzuki or yamaha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts