Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He chewed the wire coming from the charger itself. Easy enough fix, but not sure if it makes a difference which wire goes to each side of the plug. I know there is a hot and negative but it's not marked on the charger so I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
look on the wires..some times they have the positive one with a flat side on it and the other all round....or a raised surafce..or a white stripe...but easy to find out....take a meter and a probe on one wire and on the hot side of the plug of maintainer ....find which wire is hot

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a multimeter. Probe each wire and see which is sending current? Bike side is easy from that plug to see which is hot and just wire charger plug to match.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
you need to see what side of the charger is hot....I dont think they show current till its hooked up..so you need to meter the plug to the end of broken wire..not sure if it will work...do not plug it in....check the wall plug side to the broken wires....see what wire is the hot side....but like I said some wires have a ridge or stripe...being the positive one...I believe the larger spade is the positive for the wall side

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If it is the wall plug side then the wide spade is the neutral. If it is the other side of the tender then use a meter and it will tell you what one is the positive. Normally the ridged/flat/marked wire is the + for the other side.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Nice dog owner, I'd be

:spankme: <jk dog lovers!>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts