Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on my father in laws 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin. You would try to crank it and the display/lights would turn off and you would just hear the starter solenoid clicking. But sometimes if u hooked a car battery or charger to it you could get it to crank. That quit so I got a brand new sealed battery and same problem happened. So I tried hitting the solenoid (professional tactics) and even tried putting a screwdriver between the terminals on the solenoid to jump it. Now I'm worse off. Nothing turns on! No display no lights and a brand new battery. I even disconnected the 2 leads to the solenoid and connected them strait to the battery but no power. I didn't think these atvs had changeable fuses. Any ideas? I'm many hours in and at a loss!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Two words.

KILL SWITCH

#stupid. Should've checked that yesterday...
Get a beer and sit in the corner and think what you did, just yanking yah we have all done something like that... :ponder:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. Now that it's powered on, I still can't crank it. Think a starter solenoid may be the issue

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Hook 12 volts direct to starter, use 1 jumper wire from the pos on battery to starter, if it doesn't turn, bad starter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts