Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use caution if contacting member tylerh1999 - this member just joined the forum and is offering for sale a Sportsman 570 engine and transmission. This member is asking for half of the selling price up front. It's postings like this that reek of FRAUD. Member has published an email address of [email protected]

Don't pay for anything without touching it first! I have asked this member for the VIN of the vehicle the parts are from and the engine serial number. I suspect member is selling something they are not in possession of or may be stolen parts.

This type of ploy has been used by people on other venues and it is always the same - they answer a wanted to buy ad and say they have the item the buyer is seeking and ask for payment, then when the item never shows up, the buyer finds the phone number does not work or belongs to someone else, emails go unanswered and payment is usually requested by untraceable or unrecoverable means.

The other ploy is to offer something for sale and ask for money upfront - you pay, the item is never delivered, the email's are unanswered, phone numbers do not work and you almost never get a address for the seller. They want to meet in a parking lot or a remote area.

If you contact this member, PLEASE do not pay for something you have not inspected!

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I saw that as well and another aspect that seemed to good to be true is perfectly working motor and tranny for WAY below what seems to be a reasonable price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts