Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 850 SP with under 100 hours.
I was out riding yesterday and my throttle cable got stuck under the plastics causing it to be engaged and lurch forward. I hit the brakes while it was in gear revving high to prevent it from moving, checked around, found the cable stuck, pulled it free, rpm’s came down and all was good except my check engine light came on. Checked the code and this was it.
875A8D3F-CF6B-4120-B7E2-D47E4BCE7EC4.jpeg
Machine ran fine for the rest of the day. But the damn light won’t come off. Checked my owners manual and there is no reference to this code but reading around looks like it may be an EPS code. EPS is working fine, all electrical connections have dielectric grease and are clean. I also read that sometimes if you have the brake engaged and throttle at the same time you can get the check engine light, that is what I’m thinking my culprit is.
My question is how do I get rid of the dang check engine light?

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
I'm more concerned about this "throttle cable got stuck under the plastics" please let me know where this happened so I can check my cable

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s what I was thinking of doing today. I just checked it and the engine light is still on. When I start it up the EPS light flashes once then turns off and the engine light stays on. When I run the diagnostics the EPS light flashes with the code. As I said though, EPS is working fine and connections are clean. Only thing that happened was the throttle cable getting stuck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm more concerned about this "throttle cable got stuck under the plastics" please let me know where this happened so I can check my cable
Right at the connection between the front cover that is secured with two torx screws and the rear cover that seat attaches to. They meet under the pod and somehow the cable got wedged in there.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So disconnected the battery for about 2 hours. While disconnected I disconnected all electrical wiring to the EPS, everything still looked good, no corrosion, dielectric grease present. Battery is at 12.7V not running, 14.3V idling. The code is gone but the engine light is still on and the EPS light flashes once when starting up.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So anyone got any ideas on this check engine light? Still on! I've gone through the entire wiring harness and checked every connection I could find, went through my throttle cable and checked the adjustment and the throttle release switch (all good). I'm not getting any error codes since I disconnected the battery but the check engine light is still on and the EPS light flashes once on start-up. Runs great, no issues with idle, low range through mid/high all good. I'm stumped!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Is it possible that it has nothing to do with what just happened and it came on for something else? A friend’s Check Engine light came in awhile back and wouldn’t go away. He brought to dealership and they said it was on only to let him know it was time for service. That doesn’t make sense I know. That’s all I got, sorry!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it possible that it has nothing to do with what just happened and it came on for something else? A friend’s Check Engine light came in awhile back and wouldn’t go away. He brought to dealership and they said it was on only to let him know it was time for service. That doesn’t make sense I know. That’s all I got, sorry!
Lol, thx Sprotsman. It may have nothing to do with what happened but it’s suspect that it occurred at the same time. I used to get the check engine light flash when I would steer to the left and figured out that it was my throttle cable getting stuck, which is what I think happened this time as well but the light won’t go away. If I can’t figure it out I’m gonna have to bring it in so that the dealer can clear the light. I don’t know of any other way.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
He couldn’t get rid of it either and he said that’s what they told him. I know it was a stupid answer. You think it’s just something that once it’s triggered only Dealership can remove? Lures you into Dealership!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don’t know. I’ve tried finding answers on line and it looks like there have been some issues with 2017 models having “ghost check engine” lights. Comes on for no reason and can’t get rid of it. Some people have had to change the ecu. I hope that’s not what it is but I’ve also been hoping that it would go away on it’s own and it hasn’t.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts