Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

·
14,990 Posts
It depends. Some versions of the 570 use the same belt as the 450. Some don't. There are 16 different models of the 2021 570. Some have different clutch types that use a couple different belts.

·
Super Moderator
17,742 Posts
All the 450's used belt 3211113 - the 570's that used belt 3211113 also could use 3212332 - the rest of the 570's used belt 3211229

Transmission 1334595 was used in all 450's and did not have turf mode - transmission 1334637 had turf mode some 570's had turf mode and some did not.

·
Registered
2021 450 sportsman
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is turf mode a special order I don't think my 450 has it because it chews up the ground really good. I would like to know because we are thinking of ordering a 570 premium.

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
596 Posts
I bought a Timkin Ultima belt I’d say about a year ago now I think it was the second and the performance level out of all of them might have been 80 bucks it’s starting to show a little bit of signs of where I finally change my parks on my secondary yesterday I didn’t realize they were wearing I noticed last week I was going up a hill in high gear but I had a decent amount of speed collected and they usually doesn’t backshift mini I know whether or not I can make it up a steep incline in high gear or not because we all know there’s no such thing as downshifting with this machine you have to come to a complete stop in doing that on a very steep incline is a no-no my question is when I put it back together I think I said it at two and two I don’t think it was set like that before but I’m not sure if I spun it and kept the correct amount of tension on the secondary when I reassembled it does that make a difference is it even make any sense the secondary opens very easily along with that though it is very easy to go in and out of every gear now I don’t know if that’s from changing the pox or showing it too much or not enough for both there was four washers inside the secondary to

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
596 Posts
Forgot to mention the reason for my asking about this belt it’s starting to get a little glazed you cannot spin these belts right you just run them in One Direction and that would be with the wording going from back to front as you would be facing the bell on the left side of the machine watching it spin around in circles it’s a rhetorical question what is the glazing too much to be worried about will it go away can I scuff it up again or is this belt shot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts