Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a new drive belt for my 2006 sportsman 500. What exact it is I don't know what to call it. The sticker says it's an HO, but it is fuel injected. So when trying to order a belt I get two different options for dayco belts. Either hp 2004 or 2003. The 04 is for "efi" and the 03 is for the "ho" I get contradicting answers from everywhere. Amazon and ebay both say I need a hp2003. Where as the dayco website says I need a 04. I have yet to find a ho/efi option anywhere. The machine is both ho and efi... So I'm lost.

What belt do I need?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Just to be safe go with a Polaris one. Does the current belt have anything written on it? Try oem # 3211091 or 3211077. Got the part #'s from cheap cycle parts. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't taken off the old one yet. According to the previous owner it's the original belt so I think its time to replace it before I get stranded somewhere. My atv is about an hour and a half away up at our cabin so next time I go up there I'll open it up and see.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Is it slipping or acting funny?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my last ride I was in a large snowy mud hole and I thought I felt a little slip. I've got 1900 miles on it so at the least I would like to have a spare handy.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yeah I don't blame you there. I replaced mine over the summer. I kept the old one for an emergency spare.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'll second staying with OEM belts. Make sure that if you have EBS your new belt is made for EBS.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
900 Posts
yeah , check your original belt for a belt number and use the same one. EBS or not is important when choosing a belt , they are different lengths.
If you went with your year bike and EBS or not , you should be good, but checking what's on your bike now is the best bet!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts