Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the Drive Belt on 1 of my Quads.

Is there a Brand of Drive Belts that are better than the others ?.
or are they all about the same ?.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Everyone says to go with OEM but from what I have found, Gates Makes Polaris belts, What machine do you have ? I may have the Gates # You can order it from Oreillys, much cheaper Than OEM

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I bought a Carlisle Hypermax on Amazon...wanna say around $70 but still have OEM belt on it after 200 hours and 1000 miles of HARD riding, pulling and plowing.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Usually the OEM belt is a safe bet that its going to work well but we all know manufacturers make belts for all brands of bikes. Like Russ said, Gates makes polaris belts ,so I wouldn't be scared to try one of them. Gates or Dayco will be my next choice.

Also , you can check with "cyclepartswarehouse" dot com for OEM parts. They are much cheaper than the dealership and sell the same stuff. Get your Pure Polaris OEM belt there if you want OEM.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I recently put a Gates on my 550. The gates g-force belt and the original OEM are not the same. Maybe Gates makes another model that is identical to OEM but the G-force model is not OEM.
That being said, the G-Force belt seems to work just fine. No creeping, shifts fine.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I like Dayco I find they make a good belt and they have a quality guarantee so if it breaks you mail it to them and they mail you a new one. If it doesn't look misused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts