Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about driven clutch replacement possibilities:

First of all I need to replace the primary clutch on a sportsman 500. I understand ebs clutches have issues and replacing with non ebs clutch is possible, correct?

What non ebs clutches will work? I'm guessing scrambler 500 clutch will work, what about trailblazer and other models?

I've been searching eBay for a used clutch. I'm sure some of you guys have worked this type of situation.

Overall I'm curios what clutches are compatible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
What year and model do you have? Do you have EBS or not? I don't think EBS and non EBS will interchage. I have a non EBS clutch off a 1995 400 xplorer for sale. It will fit alot of models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that's my question? Will an ebs clutch swap out for a non ebs clutch?? I guess I could swap my scrambler clutch on the sportsman and see what happens. The scrambler clutch actually came out of an explorer, slightly used. Oh yeah 2000 sportsman 500 ebs. I just remembered I loaned out my clutch tool 5 years ago I guess ill need to buy another one. How much for the 1995 400 xplorer clutch? What condition is it in? Anyone know if a
95 xplorer 400 clutch will work on 2000 SP 400 ?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Are you sure it's a 2000 Sportsman 400? I think you might have a 2001 model. Can't pull up a 2000 400. Look on the left frame rail at the vin the 10th digit from left to right represents the year model. If it is a 2001 Sportsman 400 the clutch off the 1995 400 Xplorer will fit. I don't know for sure but you might have to change the spring or weights. The spring and weight could be the same but I am not sure. The clutch I have is in good shape. Price $80.00 shipped in the lower 48 US.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok common sense tells me any Polaris clutch will fit most models as long as the clutch fits the shaft and the correct springs and weights match the model in theory. I'm very interested in your clutch, I own 3 polaris atv's so a spare clutch wouldn't hurt. but first let's see what other members respond to this first.

Will a 95 xplorer 400 clutch fit a 2000 sportsman 500 with springs and weights matched up to the sportsman?

In theory what clutches interchange between models?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
It is not for sell to you. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would like to have a ebs on my 1995 250 trail boss polaris..now the primary is always spinnig causeing it to grind going in to gear...even at v low idle...it has a new betl...it all works fine...just hate the grinding nouise...can i chang to a ebs clutch or do something else for a fix...this is my first atv ever...i got it for the g kids....thanks if u can help...richard.........

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
The grinding of gears is caused by to high of idle or improper adjustment of linkage rods to shifter or slack in the shifter. I don't think a new clutch will fix your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts