Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchesed a qsc clutch a few weeks back and i started the install last night. the drive clutch was fine and easy, i pulled apart the driven clutch last night to install the new spring and found my clutch "plastic guides" were broken and compleatly worn out, this being said my helix is now scored from rubbing on the bolts.. also ill add that my quad is a 2008 500HO with 700 easy miles on it. does anyone kmow what the cause of this could be? such low miles and easy riding this just doesnt sound right.

thanks for the help, i would add pictures but for the life of me i have forgotten how and cant seem to figure it out haha

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Buttons wear out. It happens. But usually not that fast. If you can sand the helix ramps and clean them up without changing the profile then it should be ok to reuse. On and off the throttle a lot accelerates the wear on the buttons as the helix sides up and down the ramps on them. Just cruising around is easy on them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks for the info, how much would a new helix be ryan if this one is not salvageable? I'm glad I found it when I did before it got worse...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.