Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone make a kit for the sportsman 800efi to turn it into dual exhaust? I see the rear fenders are both cut to fit a muffler....

·
Registered
174 Posts
yes their is a true duel exhast kit for the 800 but it really pricy and you really dont gain that much from it becides alot of noise.

·
13,332 Posts
800 dual exhaust

My 06 came oem w duals and very quiet. It would be expensive though and something I read said polaris went single for better performance and/or less probs but I don't really know for sure why the change...probably just cheaper to manufacture

·
Registered
174 Posts
he's talking about true dual exhast, I know the sportsman 800 has 2 muffles but it goes into one pipe there is a kit where you have one pipe in the left side, one on the right side of the machine... I notice when it's really cold her and i'm rideing all day in the snow the left side muffler hole will completely plug up with snow, so the second muffler dont really do much.

·
13,332 Posts
mine has two (2) pipes running all the way from the head to the mufflers with a crossover pipe between the mufflers and plenty of exhaust pressure on both sides?? they both run on same side of engine though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed a lot of Sportsmans with the dual muffler, but none on the touring. Maybe that's special for them?

·
Registered
174 Posts
nope. if you have a stock sportsman 800 you have a single pipe along the right side of the quad that goes into one muffler. then there is a pipe from the one muffler to the other muffler. if you plug one of them it still runs the same. on a true dual exhast if you plug one the engine stalls.

·
13,332 Posts
4play is correct snopro...oem is 2 into 1...I guess I should look closer before tickling the keyboard. I'm not sure where but read somewhere about reason for switch from two silencer to one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts