Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the introduction of dual exhaust on the 1000, has anyone looked at running a pipe out the left side of the 850. Is this even feasible?

·
Registered
373 Posts
With the introduction of dual exhaust on the 1000, has anyone looked at running a pipe out the left side of the 850. Is this even feasible?
The 1000 Has a larger header pipe at engine but same size header outlet as the 850.

You can install the 1000 dual exhaust on 850 buy buying both 1000 mufflers and the left side exhaust hanger. The right side muffler on the 1000 has an outlet for a pipe to run to the left side.

Yes it is possible.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ no matter what, it would look sweet!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Damnit!! Somethin else to spend money on now!! Lol

·
Registered
531 Posts
i dont think ull see a big HP gain... and i like the sound of the single stock exhaust... ill stick with stock :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
We're looking at upgrading our Scrambler as well. Will probably keep it a single Hot Seat slip on just like I did with my Sportsman.

Personally, I firmly believe that a single pipe is more efficient than dual for small engines.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Let me ask you guys this. Will a Big Gun, HMF, LTE ect slip-on for an 850 work on a 1000? If the header outlet is the same it should mount right up correct?
Why would you want to change the stock exhaust on the 1000, that thing sounds pretty sweet...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Let me ask you guys this. Will a Big Gun, HMF, LTE ect slip-on for an 850 work on a 1000? If the header outlet is the same it should mount right up correct?
Why would you want to change the stock exhaust on the 1000, that thing sounds pretty sweet...
It does sound good but I want something a little louder. I also prefer a single exhaust for the riding I do. You get more back pressure which helps the bike idle stronger and better under water/mud. The dual exhaust looks good but I feel it yields very little performance gains if any.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thinking your 850 slip on might not be tuned for a 1000.

Hot Seat makes one for the 1000 and a different one for the 850. They sound great, are well build a priced right at $395

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi guys. Got an 850. Have 2 original exhausts. Does anyone know part numbers I need to make this fit. Guess it's just a pipe that splits and a bracket???

Quadless dealer

·
Registered
152 Posts
head pipe is bigger on the 1000. thats not a guess my 1000 sits next to an 850 every day.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
No, it will not work. The duals on the 1k are completely different than any other dual exhaust set up as the header for the second pipe comes out of the side of the first pipe. Freakin weird.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah see that in the pic. Think I'll just go to an exhaust manafacture and get them to make a new split pipe. Then just a case of fabricating a bracket to hold exhaust.

Quadless dealer

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeah see that in the pic. Think I'll just go to an exhaust manafacture and get them to make a new split pipe. Then just a case of fabricating a bracket to hold exhaust.

Quadless dealer
I have been playing with that idea myself, get 2 slip ons and modify to fit the 1k, then get someone to build a y pipe. But i think I'm going to wait for someone to come out with duals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a scrambler which I sold with a full HMF system. I kept the original can and just got a new scrambler so I'm going to give it a go. Can't be that hard. As you said only a y pipe and a bracket.

Quadless dealer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone thought about running the dual big gun exhaust? Only problem is It's ment for the 1000

Sent from my C6616 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

1 - 20 of 24 Posts