Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys back east have snow and mud but out west we have sand. Lots of sand!

Me and the Scrambler

That tiny speck of RV on the right of my Scrambler is camp. 17 RVs

A little better shot of "camp"

A friend coming off, what has to be a 1500' dune.

You DO NOT stop on the big dunes or you're going to roll all the way to the bottom.

A good time was had by all... and it only cost me $1300 for new tires and a rim on the 5th wheel by the time I got home (crappy tires... I've lost 3 so it was time for load range G truck tires!)

Greg

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That looks like it would be so much fun on that scrambler!!! Thanks for the pics :)

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cool pics :biggthumpup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Awesome pics. When I was riding my Honda 400 EX we'd go to Little Sahara here in Oklahoma. Nothing there close to 1500 ft. but they have some 80+ footers. Do you guys run in to the rail guys out there? No doubt the rails have right-of-way. It would get kind of dangerous sometimes when the big, fast rails come barreling over a dune.
Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Always wanted to ride in the dunes. One of the only terrains I've haven't ridden on. Looks cool

·
Registered
434 Posts
The first time I rode at our sand dunes, I went home and sold my 450R. Bought a new Raptor 700 and took it to the dunes twice. Pulled the motor on a brand new Raptor with about 15 hours on it and did a wicked stroker build. After that I rode nowhere else for almost two years. I would go about three times a month.

Sand is very addicting! Lol

I'll tell you that I was pretty impressed with my tank of a 850 Touring at the dunes fully stock. It did way better than I thought it would.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old but Oh how I miss those days @ Dumont. I went there all the time when I lived in Vegas. Had A 86' Suzuki LT250R and I had it built. Milled head, bored and ported. Reeds reworked, bored carb, lightened flywheel, extended swing arm and paddles along with razers up front. Stock jet was a 210 and by the time it was completed, It had a 320 in it. Moved my big ass up comp hill with no prob. Always fun and with a group, it doesn't get any better.

Thanks for showing the pics... brings back some great memories! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts