Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are leaving today around noon for some R&R in Dunbar WI. Trails are open to ATV's & UTV's and are PERFECT! Anyone want to join us we will be staying at Richards in and supper club (best prime rib in town on Saturdays!) in Dunbar.

If you want to meet up with us send me a PM.

Thor

·
Registered
103 Posts
my brothers and I went there last fall and stayed at Richards it was by far the best riding and hospitality I have ever experienced !!! will be going back for sure !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh sure, just when I finally get my plow attached that I bought from you, I gotta take it off again. LOL.

Love the plow, BTW. Got too much going on right now or I'd be packing.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick did pass away. They found him in is truck dead. They think he was driving himself to the hospital in Iron River MI when it happened. I was told he was having chest pains Thursday night at the NRA event here. We found out yesterday evening when we arrived.

I feel bad for all those who work here about their unsure future. He was a single man who had no manager to run the place. His brother arrived yesterday and informed all those who work here that he is not sure of the future of this place. A real shame. I will find out more tonight when we go next door for dinner.

On a lighter note. We did have a nice ride today. The weather gods were good to us as they usually are. We drove 90 miles today. It was sunny most of the day. I will say there are much more snowmobiles on the trails this time of year then ATV's in the warmer months. We got back around 4 before the sun drops and it gets cold again.

I was surprised to see that that many of the snowmobile crowd that was here did not share the same trail etiquette that us ATV riders do. Lack of trail signals. People just plowing by you without a care in the world. Even my son mentioned that there were way too many at the bar we stopped at for lunch drinking more then they should. Thus another reason why we got back early.

·
Registered
178 Posts
some more trail updates would be nice, im getting ready to go there or ricelake Wisconsin heard they got some good trails. you seen any other 4 wheelers or was it just you guys out there? are there a lot of pit stops on the way as like gas, and food? I checked out a cabin where youre at and its only 400 bucks for wed-sun didn't sound bad just want more info on riding.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trails were awesome! Not many wheelers. We only saw 5 in two days. I would say we saw well over 200 snowmobiles if not more! Might be best to go during the week to avoid all the speed stress around the corners.

·
Registered
178 Posts
if we go where you did im going to ride Wednesday and Thursday then relax the rest of the time, maybe drive down to greenbay on Friday so the wife can shop they said its like 80 miles. have anymore pictures of your trip?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts