Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sportsman

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
44 is at the crank. Every motor that displays a HP rating is crank which is really useless. Wheel horsepower is what matters. A cvt can be very good or can absorb a ton of your power. The 850xp puts 77hp at the crank but only 46 to the wheels.
The new ace however is 32 hp and puts 31.6 to the wheels!

·
Registered
218 Posts
44 is at the crank. Every motor that displays a HP rating is crank which is really useless. Wheel horsepower is what matters. A cvt can be very good or can absorb a ton of your power. The 850xp puts 77hp at the crank but only 46 to the wheels.
The new ace however is 32 hp and puts 31.6 to the wheels!
The 850 will most likely do better than 46whp. Mine was choked up when I put down 46whp. I'll have to go back with the new snorkel set up and see what she does. Good luck tonight.:cowboy:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was that your dyno video? I am much more likely to believe video results vs someone just stating their can am put down 1000hp with no proof.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can't wait to see the results! torque numbers also!!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
No way in the world the Ace only lose 0.4Hp through the CVT and trans. I bet it's more like 20-22 at the wheels. I'll say your 570 puts down 32 at the wheels.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I spoke too soon. The dyno at the shop I was going to is a split drum and the quad isn't wide enough. No dyno

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Wow.....

Seriously tho, the butt dyno is enough for me. Talking whp for an atv is for bragging rights only imo.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's no big deal to me which is most powerful, I like to see what transmission is the most efficient at putting power down with each motor

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow.....

Seriously tho, the butt dyno is enough for me. Talking whp for an atv is for bragging rights only imo.
The dyno is the truth. It tells you exactly whats going on with your motor. If you add after market parts, it'll tell you if your money was spent right. With my set up it told me the motor was choked up and I needed a change. The a/f meter told me exactly what was going on. The HP number will tell you if your changes have made a difference. I will eventually go back with my new snorkel set up and see if I'm running better a/f ratios now.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow.....

The dyno is the truth. It tells you exactly whats going on with your motor. If you add after market parts, it'll tell you if your money was spent right. With my set up it told me the motor was choked up and I needed a change. The a/f meter told me exactly what was going on. The HP number will tell you if your changes have made a difference. I will eventually go back with my new snorkel set up and see if I'm running better a/f ratios now.
True, becuase your butt dyno might think you have a ton of power but really your loosing 10hp you never knew was available because of a bad intake or exhaust or running too rich or so lean you could blow your motor. Dyno does a lot more than a number.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Wow.....

True, becuase your butt dyno might think you have a ton of power but really your loosing 10hp you never knew was available because of a bad intake or exhaust or running too rich or so lean you could blow your motor. Dyno does a lot more than a number.
If you're that concerned about a/fr's get a wideband.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you're that concerned about a/fr's get a wideband.
After buying the wideband and getting a bung welded on you're at a higher cost than the dyno runs. I get two passes for $80 and I don't have new holes in my exhaust that can leak. Both are good options but the dyno runs were easy and it tells me where my power is at, which is always fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts