Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Mid

Votes: 5 62.5%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I did a search and found a lot of good information about plows. I decided to get a Eagle 60" through Thor but the one question it seems everyone has.....which mount....front or mid. Most of us have had a snowfall this year, any issues yet?

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you do a search through past posts this has been examined in very good detail previously. Each mounting system has its perceived pros and cons. Personally I think it boils down to whether you want the ease of being able to put the plow on and off easily with the front mount. Or the added support and plow weight distribution of the mid mount. I chose the front mount (Warn system) but the plow has not come off because it keeps snowing to friggin' much:) I have no regrets and would get a front mount again.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If you do a search through past posts this has been examined in very good detail previously. Each mounting system has its perceived pros and cons. Personally I think it boils down to whether you want the ease of being able to put the plow on and off easily with the front mount. Or the added support and plow weight distribution of the mid mount.
Good advise..... I have a mid mount G3 and my wifes had an Eagle mid mount when we bought it (now on father-in-laws machine). The Eagle is a "well built" system..... but the mid mount hangs about 3-3.5" below the belly of the machine, and with plow removed I (if for a ride) the rest isn't that convienient to remove. But it is accomodated for with key hole slots and cariage style bolts/nuts.

The real benifits I see to a front mount are 1) ease of hook up and removal (right up front & easy to get at) and 2) ability to lift it higher (when in transit for better ground clearance).

But I personally prefer the mid mount for the thought of "less abuse" to the front end of the machine.....

·
Registered
171 Posts
mid mount is like a 2 second hook up or disconnect, just use pins to hold er up in place, so that combined with nice weight distribution, only way to go, as well as mine lifts up higher than the ground clearance of the quad anyway as far as lifting hight goes.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I like the mid mount system...I use the cycle country and it only sticks down a inch where plow hooks to....and its easy to remove in spring time if i want to take it off....

·
Registered
862 Posts
only down side i have found with my eagle mid mount is you lose a lot of ground clearance with the plow on and if you are in say 12" of snow its noticeable.

i made a crappy video that shows how it mounts and how its built. it takes less then 30 seconds to get on and off so thats not really an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts